Don't hide cash in your oven

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

pmbug

Your Host
Administrator
Benefactor
Reaction score
United-States
The unidentified man from Sydney, Australia, sold his car last weekend. The $15,000 (approximately $15,652 in U.S. dollars) in proceeds was earmarked for his mortgage payment and other bills, according to Australian media. Opting not to squirrel away the loot in a mattress or bury it in his backyard, he decided to hide it his oven, which rarely gets used.

Bad move: Turns out, his wife decided to use the oven that day, preheating it for chicken nuggets and, yes, cooked the cash.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/man-hides-cash-over-cash-gets-baked-accident-122700396.html

Ouch! :paperbag:

So many bad puns....

Talk about hot money!

That money went up in smoke!

My wife is always burning through my money!

My wife burns everything she cooks!

one couldn't help but say: "there is an idiot born every minute"

Real money wouldn't have burned up.

GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS!!!

Or not...perfect scam, better than a boating accident. You put cut up newspaper in the oven instead - wife burns it up, feels totally guilty, doesn't know you still have the real cash elsewhere - and you can take the tax loss too!

Or not...perfect scam, better than a boating accident. You put cut up newspaper in the oven instead - wife burns it up, feels totally guilty, doesn't know you still have the real cash elsewhere - and you can take the tax loss too!
Sound advice! :D

Back
Top Bottom