Drag N dropping pics

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Goldhedge

GIM2 Refugee
Reaction score
This just started happening when posting a pic. Not sure if 'something' got changed on PMBug's side, or on my cpu?

I've not changed anything on my end (not sure I could).

I'm on a MacAir and never have had this issue before.

I know it's a .jpg because I checked it. This pic below is 66KB so it's not size related.

Screenshot 2023-02-10 at 9.37.43 AM.png

I used to be able to conveniently drag a pic into the post, now I have to attach it to get it to appear.

the 'odd' bit is if I attempt to append the name as a .jpg I get the following msg popping up on my screen:

Screenshot 2023-02-10 at 9.42.03 AM.png

Here ^ it says it's a .png which is an acceptable extension, but I had to 'attach' this image to get it to appear (no drag n drop).

I appended the above pic with .jpg and now it allows me to drag n drop as before.

Screenshot 2023-02-10 at 9.50.26 AM.png

Just documenting it for reference in case other's have experienced this issue and if something has changed on PMBug's end to give 'notice' to it.

I'm not sure why you would be seeing that error message. I don't see any notifications in the server/error logs so the site appears to be running normally. I also didn't change any configuration settings.

Are you using the "insert image" button in the message editor and dragging a file from your desktop into the "drop image" box? If so, have you tried just clicking in the box and using the file selection window to select your file?

pmbug110x100.png

^ dragged and dropped with the "insert image" function.

If the issue was specific to one file, it was probably something wrong with that one file (like it's really a .jpg format file that was named with a .png extension). If you get the error repeatedly with different images, there is something else happening.

It seems to be working now. It was more than one file which is why I mentioned it.

Back
Top Bottom