Economic Doom

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

pmbug

Your Host
Administrator
Benefactor
Reaction score
United-States
33a1dg.jpg

I agree! It's just a matter of time. The PTB is juggling many balls. All they need do is drop one and it all comes down.

I've told people there is no reason we can't have The Great Depression 2.0 all over again.

They look at me with a quizzical look...

Don't think anyone in their right mind would want to see an economic collapse. I don't think it would be a Great Depression 2.0.

Lots more people now than back then and most depending upon a shaky supply line for food and other necessities. A lot depending upon big bro for their daily bread. A lotta peeps stretched thin, just trying to keep their head above water. Some at the breaking point. Not good.

An economic collapse could be a pretext for the gov to enact some very draconian laws and exert control over the population that would effectively end democracy as we know it. Could give rise to a dictator (think Germany around the 1930's.) Maybe bring in a digital medium of exchange. None of this would bide well for the people.

Worldwide collapse.................think one world gov, one world religion and a one world monetary system. Not good.

Curious as to how you guys imagine an economic collapse would play out here in America?

We can only hope the government parasites will not kill the citizenry hosts , otherwise we are doomed as a civilization. However, our grandkid's children might be making sneakers for the <Chinese> if we keep up the nonsense in the USSA.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't think anyone in their right mind would want to see an economic collapse.
Then we got a shit ton of peeps that ain't in their right mind.
At least considering that the vast majority seem to eat up and support everything that the very ones leading us to that point, are doing.

I don't think it would be a Great Depression 2.0
You say that, but then seem to immediately go on to describe why it would be a depression 2.0
Lots more people now than back then and most depending upon a shaky supply line for food and other necessities
Back in depression 1.0 most knew how to be self sufficient. Many knew how to produce food and how to can it.
....but things wouldn't be as bad next time?

A lot depending upon big bro for their daily bread.
In any kind of collapse, that'll play out well I'm sure. Lol

Yet it won't be as bad as 1.0 when people were no where as near dependant on gov as today? The most indebted gov to have ever be known to exist?

A lotta peeps stretched thin, just trying to keep their head above water.
That sure won't help. Too bad we can't have our 2019 economy back.

Some at the breaking point. Not good.
You think it's that way now? Just be patient.

Yet somehow you still think that an economic collapse here would not be a depression 2.0?
I don't think it would be a Great Depression 2.0
Although perhaps you are right. It'll prolly be a whole lot worse than a 2.0.

Prolly more like a depression 10.0

Gotta keep in mind that our esteemed leaders have been kicking the can down the road and applying Band-Aids to financial wounds for almost a hundred years now.

Next time, chickens are gonna come home to roost for reals.

An economic collapse could be a pretext for the gov to enact some very draconian laws and exert control over the population
That's how we got to the point we is at now.

"A majority of the people of the United States have lived all of their
lives under emergency rule. For 40 years,
(90 years today) freedoms and governmental
procedures guaranteed by the Constitution have, in varying degrees
, (
and to an even larger degree today)
been abridged by laws brought into force by states of national
emergency."

- Senate Report 93-549

Then three years later they enacted a law that they say made it all legal.

Worldwide collapse.................think one world gov, one world religion and a one
That's exactly what the globalists we got running things are working towatds.

Yet so many blindly follow them.

Curious as to how you guys imagine an economic collapse would play out here in America?
Imagine the worst you possibly can, and then triple it.

You say that, but then seem to immediately go on to describe why it would be a depression 2.0

You have taken this way outta context. If you read this, then read the next line I was getting at "it would be a lot worse." Then you were off and running. lmao

Gotta give ya credit. You can make up an argument / debate where there is none.

Don't think anyone in their right mind would want to see an economic collapse. I don't think it would be a Great Depression 2.0.
I don't want it; but it seems to be the ONLY way to stop this slaughter by Big Pharma. Elections no longer work - MONEY has corrupted them. Printed-up money given as seigniorage to the Globalists, including those in Big Pharma.

Facts and growing piles of dead bodies, aren't stopping it. The only thing that WILL stop it, is their running out of money.

And since they control the printing of the world's reserve currency...it means it all has to be broken, before we stop the Malthusianism.

Same as anywhere there's a violent, feral population.

The Organized cities, riot. And burn. And many of those lowlifes, will get into their mortgaged cars, and buy gas on their credit cards, out to where decent people live - to loot THEM.

That probably won't go so well. We've had fifteen years to adjust to the New Reality - that the FBI and other Deep State agencies, are NOT our friends. When they come out to the ex-urbs to "defend (their) Civil Rights" few long-suffering MAGA Americans will be fooled.

Eventually the feral hominids will retreat to their 'hoods - and commence with cannibalism.

For the rest of us...remember, this is going to happen WHILE we have the Gates-Turner-Schwab Grate Die-Off. So, out in white-bread land, half the people, the Jabbed half, will be dead or needing care that suddenly won't be there.

That is going to cause panic; chaos; also lighten the food burden quite a bit. Ease the shelter situation, a bit...even if a lot of the land freed up will have to go through lengthy probate and auctions. I expect there will be a LOT of squatting done out in the country, as people get Pfizered.

I don't want it

If we were to have an actual depression the last one would look tame by comparison. A lot of people would be pushed over the edge. Hunger, loss of a place to live, etc. and we'd have a giant powder keg waiting to blow. No way I would want to see anything like it.

In the next sunspot cycle a solar flare will set us back into the bronze age. All of these concerns will simply go poof.

Gotta give ya credit. You can make up an argument / debate where there is none.
What arguement? I'm just trying to understand how you came to the conclusion that an economic collapse won't become a depression 2.0
Seems inevitable to me.

What arguement? I'm just trying to understand how you came to the conclusion that an economic collapse won't become a depression 2.0
Seems inevitable to me.

Depression 2.0 - no. It'll be far worse. Make the last one look tame.

Would cause a lot of people to do things they normally wouldn't do.

Would also wake a whole lotta peeps up as to what kinda clowns are representing them in DC and that could set off a shit storm of anger.

Let's hope it doesn't happen.

BTW...........you're good. :D

The system should have collapsed in 2008. Yet here we are still riding the roller coaster. I have come to the conclusion that short of a massive black swan event that TPTB can not control we will continue with the slow burn. The boiling frog has worked so well why would they switch plans unless they have to?

Let's hope it doesn't happen.
What if it happening is the only thing that......
Would also wake a whole lotta peeps up as to what kinda clowns are representing them in DC and that could set off a shit storm of anger.

You honestly don't think it'd (ultimately, at least) be a good thing for the vast majority to come to that realization? That it'd be better to just have the clowns you speak of, continue their clowning?

The system should have collapsed in 2008.
Should have in 1971.

What if it happening is the only thing that......

You honestly don't think it'd (ultimately, at least) be a good thing for the vast majority to come to that realization? That it'd be better to just have the clowns you speak of, continue their clowning?

I was just asking a question.

I thought we were supposed to WANT people to wake up to see
"what kinda clowns are representing them in DC".

Aren't we?
If so, how else is it gonna happen? Ain't nothin' else woke 'em up to it yet.

If depression 2.0 (or worse) is what takes to do it, isn't that ultimately a good thing?

If depression 2.0 (or worse) is what takes to do it, isn't that ultimately a good thing?

Nah. Hunger, starvation, peeps without their meds, evictions are not something I want to see happen to anyone.

I'd much rather seem them exposed for the crooks and liars they are in a court room. Maybe it'll happen if a bunch are charged in the Jan 6 attempt to overthrow the government. Of course there are baddies on both sides. Have to investigate them all.

IMHO, their fiat debt system has been circling the drain for some years now, and they have been pulling out all the stops to keep it going, including trying to bring in as many Cestu 'que trusts as they can, in the guise of furriners.

They're doing pretty good considering that the system is still functioning. But I believe now they're printing money without any backing from the trust thing that prior they were required to. That is economic suicide, and will accelerate and flush the drain.

Nah. Hunger, starvation, peeps without their meds, evictions are not something I want to see happen to anyone.

I'd much rather seem them exposed for the crooks and liars they are in a court room. Maybe it'll happen if a bunch are charged in the Jan 6 attempt to overthrow the government. Of course there are baddies on both sides. Have to investigate them all.
It shouldn't have to have happened to anyone...or, maybe, it had to and must happen. Human nature follows predictable patterns. That's why so many societies in crisis, pass right by the easy way to right things, and get on the MERGE lane on the Highway to Hell.

Our warning bell was the Frankfurt School. Our alarm should have been the moving of Moral Relativism into our schools. We should have KNOWN...rock-solid KNOWN...that fifty years later, those school kids of that time, berift of moral instruction, would be in positions where morality would be NEEDED...and would fail the test.

When one man fails, it's a business collapse. Enron, or Penn Central. Or Adelphia Cable.

When a whole generation fails, we wind up with criminally-insane Big Pharma, trying to Save-The-PLANET! using the precepts of Thomas Malthus and Billy Gates.

But there were other signs. Removing the dollar from a PM standard, could only be done for one reason - to give the Deep State license to inflate the currency. GIVEN what historians KNOW about fiat currency, that should have been de-facto criminality and treated as such.

But it was not.

From moral relativism, we moved, with our kids, into sexual anarchy; and then into Dependency. They were taught, government was there to CARE for us. Government is the source of all wealth. The "poor" (we used to call them "shiftless") have a "right" to be cared for. The well-off have a duty, and an expectation (and in many cases, a burning DESIRE) to "partner" with government.

Usually that creates a new place for seigniorage to flow - new printed money, to new sponsor-enablers and regulatory capturers of the Regulatory State.

Carry this through, and limit government jobs, including teaching jobs, to minorities and females...and you get the normalization of homosexuality; the jettisoning of critical figures in history, for what malcontents CLAIM those figures stood for. We have new holidays and new heroes based on skin hue. We have new meanings for cultural anchors - like "marriage." As the radicals in schools take OVER the schools, and reject facts in favor of their historical NARRATIVES, we get the 1619 Project and other programs intended to cultivate self-loathing.

Finally it all came to this. A manufactured **PANIC** Chinese flu! Only, don't call it "Chinese flu" - dat RAY CYST.

What to do about it? SPEND MONEY! Print and spend! First, give SPESHEL money to schools that make all the kids wear FACE DIAPERS! Oh, what?...cloth masks don't have any effect on contagion? FAKE NEWS! BAN HIM! Hire MOAR BANNERS AND MOAR FACT CHECKERS!

Wattsdis? Moderna got a vaccine, ALREADY? We don't even KNOW THE STRUCTURE of this virus. Oh, but your Harvard scientists (and Club-Of-Rome members) SAY you have a vaccine, 99-percent effective? FOLLOW THE SCIENCE! And put those Face Diapers on, and keep them on!

...and it just goes on. Because we tolerated evil. Worse, we indulged evil; and we let evil persons indoctrinate our children, 55 years ago.

Now there is no avoiding the consequences. People have died, and more will die. Including many of us.

Trying to live in a Communist stronghold is a mistake.

No matter how beautiful the weather. No matter even the guarantees the Communist government offers its subjects...read the Soviet constitution. It makes marvelous promises.

But Communism is what it is; and Communists do what they do. It's time for the few remaining rational people to GET OUT.

Insurance is communist. Period.

Brought to you by the same folks causing this scamdemic, as well as the fiat scam. Getting rid of all insurance would be good for humanity. Would bring us back to real prices, and would bring back personal responsibility...

fact checker debunks the myth that only gold and silver are constitutional money. you morons are reading it all wrong. it's whatever the (intl banker) says it is

Myth #14. "Lawful money" is only gold or silver coin as prescribed by the constitution. The U.S. has been without any such money since 1968.

Insurance is communist. Period.

Brought to you by the same folks causing this scamdemic, as well as the fiat scam. Getting rid of all insurance would be good for humanity. Would bring us back to real prices, and would bring back personal responsibility...

The Amish got that right a LONG time ago. I wonder where exactly they learned that or which part of the Bible was the reference.

Insurance is even worse because they are so subjected to regulation. I'm not sure if simply pooling a risk pool together is a bad idea but we clearly have the worst of just about everything right now.

Roubini still at it:
We are therefore facing not only the worst of the 1970s (repeated negative aggregate supply shocks), but also the worst of the 2007-08 period (dangerously high debt ratios) and the worst of the 1930s. A new “geopolitical depression” is increasing the likelihood of cold and hot wars that could all too easily overlap and spin out of control.

As far as I can tell, no one convening in Davos today is writing the great novel of the age of megathreats. ...

I was just asking a question.

I thought we were supposed to WANT people to wake up to see
"what kinda clowns are representing them in DC".

Aren't we?
If so, how else is it gonna happen? Ain't nothin' else woke 'em up to it yet.

I'm with you. Let's just rip this band-aid off and get it over with. Just bear in mind that the cities will turn into Night of the Living Dead in about three days. It will not be pretty as I feel that about half our population simply is not ready to be red pilled and will lose their minds.

Entitlement of yourself has been pushed to absurd levels in this country and when the cities burst and boil over, the country boys will get plenty of target practice on the entitled woke gangs who are coming to take your food and goodies because they can't get any in the city any more.

The Federal Reserve is starting a climate experiment​

Story by Umair Irfan • Yesterday 2:15 PM

The central bank this month announced details about how it will conduct a “pilot climate scenario analysis exercise” involving the six largest US banks: Bank of America, Citigroup, Goldman Sachs, JPMorgan Chase, Morgan Stanley, and Wells Fargo.

The Fed basically wants major banks to game out how they’ll handle climate change-related shocks. For example, what would happen to their real estate holdings in the northeastern United States under a future hurricane when sea levels are higher? These scenarios are grouped together in the exercise as “physical risks.”

Read the rest here:

Harry Dent:

"I feel like the ultimate low at this point for stocks is likely to be… July or so of 2024," Dent said. "So, we're still in the early stages. To know that this crash is continuing and will go a lot deeper, we need to break the last low… which is 10,088."

"The next wave" downwards will occur once this critical level is reached, he added. From its all-time high, Dent expects the NASDAQ to fall 92 percent and the S&P 500 to fall 86 percent.

Gold will crash, along with other assets, to $900 per ounce, said Dent, but will ultimately reach $4,000 after markets recover

That pretty much covers it all ways, don't it.

In today's Idiocracy where nothing is real, I wouldn't hazard a guess where gold is going. It may take an EMP to "convince" the hodlers that 1s and 0s are not money.

It will apparently take a nuclear war to convince the Elites that the Fiat-Dollar is not intrinsically valuable...but that time is not only likely; but IMHO, inevitable.

Harry Dent:

"The next wave" downwards will occur once this critical level is reached, he added. From its all-time high, Dent expects the NASDAQ to fall 92 percent and the S&P 500 to fall 86 percent.

Gold will crash, along with other assets, to $900 per ounce, said Dent, but will ultimately reach $4,000 after markets recover.

If gold goes to $900, I'm betting that there won't be any physical to buy as the central banks will be scooping it up quickly. This could be their chance to replenish what they have allocated.

Back
Top Bottom