Emails bouncing to the left and then the right

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

pmbug

Your Host
Administrator
Benefactor
Reaction score
United-States
Just a heads up... I spent some time this morning combing through the bounced email logs and compiling data on the error codes/feedback for my server guy. He's fixed a couple of configuration issues that will hopefully resolve some of the delivery issues. He also did a check for our email server on the major spam blacklists and said we're all clear (a rare bit of good news!).

Unfortunately yahoo (which also manages aol, verizon and other email systems) didn't give very clear feedback, so we'll just have to wait and see if the configuration changes clear things up with them.

Last edited:
Your efforts are truly appreciated. There are friends here now who have known each other for 20 years or more only by the Net... and you have hoisted our sinking jolly boat out of the ocean onto your deck.

I had that. They've got the paddles set on toughest level: tiny. You could make them 3X bigger.

I was just informed that one of our members started receiving emails from the forum on his @aol.com email account. This is great news. Yahoo manages the email servers for @yahoo.com, @aol.com, @verizon.net and several other domains. Looks like the changes my server guy made are working for Yahoo and this should fix the issue.

* bump *

I thought we had all of the email issues ironed out last year, but I saw the log files today indicating that emails to @gmail.com addresses have been bouncing for the last month. I contacted my server guy who diagnosed the issue (I think Google tightened up requirements on their end and something that wasn't required before is required now) and he added the necessary configuration. I hope this ends the issue so @spinalcracker , @Casey Jones , @Cigarlover , @Vichris , @walkingnam et al start getting their email notifications again.

I've been getting them.

Actually, I wish I wasn't. They're a chore to clean out of the IN box.

I tried to change settings a long time ago; the software just ignores my preferences. Here as on the old GIM and one other board.

:dontknow:

The account settings affect how the forum watches new posts/threads. To manage the watch settings for existing posts/threads, click the down arrow next to Forums in the top of the page menu bar. On the drop down menu, select "Watched Threads". There should be a button top right of that page that says "Manage watched threads". Click that and then "disable email notifications" (if that is what you want).

PMbug: I'm not sure why my name is associated with your latest topic. To my knowledge the only thing that I have coming from the forum is notification of when members respond to one of the threads that I have posted on. Isn't that allowed any longer? Or is there something that I may have missed. Please advise.

PMbug: I'm not sure why my name is associated with your latest topic. ...

There was a problem with the email configuration on the pmbug server that was causing all emails sent to @gmail.com email addresses to bounce. I mentioned you and a few other people that have registered accounts here using @gmail.com email addresses and which had several bounced emails over the last month so that you would be informed about the issue (that some email notifications from the forum may not have arrived in your inbox). The issue has been fixed now and you should be receiving email notifications again.

Back
Top Bottom