ETF re-hypothecation of gold and the MSM

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

pmbug

Your Host
Administrator
Benefactor
Reaction score
United-States
Come and see the re-hypothecation inherent in the system:
You’ll remember that amazing video interview with Bob Pisani that CNBC ran where they went into GLD’s vaults in London- I’m sure you saw that Doc. You know they took his mobile off him and he ended up in the vaults and he held up this bar and he said ‘this is the kind of thing that GLD holds custody for you!’ And then immediately everyone jumped all over it and said ‘wait a minute, that bar isn’t on the bar list!’

Now I don’t know if you know this, but they never said anything about that- they basically went all quiet on that issue.

About three weeks after it happened, I happened to have ETFS (EFT Securities), which is another ETF product company come into see me at Cheviot. Quite why they wanted to pitch a gold ETF to me is anyone’s guess because they should have known that it wasn’t exactly going to be a success, but we had an interesting chat, and I brought up some problems with ETF’s, and I mentioned this video to them and I asked them whether they’d seen it. They said no, they hadn’t, but that sounded quite interesting, could I forward it on?

So I forwarded that to them and said ‘I’m very interested to have comment from you on what you think about this’.

I got an email back which stated ‘That was interesting, and what’s even more interesting is IT’S OUR BAR!’

So let’s clarify. He (Bob Pisani) was actually holding up a bar belonging to a separate ETF, WITH NO PERMISSION FROM THEM!! To me, that tells you everything you need to know!

More: http://www.silverdoctors.com/ned-naylor-leyland-reveals-actual-owner-of-bob-pisanis-gld-gold-bar/

:flail:

I don't get why large institutional investors still buy these etfs.
PM ETF holdings have substantially declined since 2009, though.

Back
Top Bottom