filed chapter 7 pro se

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Penn

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
So we will see if they kick it back. It took me months and months to figure this out.

In my case I sent in close to 100 pages. It is alot more complicated now since 2005.

I hope I did it right.

Sorry to hear that Penn. Hope it goes through and helps you out.

no- dont be sorry- this will be a step up. I am allowed to keep some assets under a chap 7

The court called- my case is accepted/filed. She said if anything I submitted too much paper work. I am missing just one form- and that one she will mail to me.

So- I had dropped the ball. They said I needed this odd form- I was going to drop the whole thing.

At the last minute- I figured it out- and next day it. I then took the required 2 hour class since I have a case number.

This leaves only the 341 meeting to go to. I have everything in a plastic binder. If I can pull this off- I will have saved about $2000.

Ink, paper, postage, the 2 classes, book, CD rom for forms. I have around $60 put into this.

The 341 is in the next town over- I will not have to drive to a big city.

I will keep you posted. The one worry I have is I might have too much equity in my house. We shall see.

What is chapter 7 - consumer bankruptcy, I presume?

Penn, it is my understanding that in most states, they allow you to re-affirm your debt for the mortgage on your primary residence, and in most cases it does not count as an asset. At least not here in Florida where you get to keep one car and your home as well as up to 100 acres of property, if it is contiguous to the residence.

Oh- I am re-affirming the mortgage. The problem might be that I have too much equity in it.

Penn, it is my understanding that in most states, they allow you to re-affirm your debt for the mortgage on your primary residence, and in most cases it does not count as an asset. At least not here in Florida where you get to keep one car and your home as well as up to 100 acres of property, if it is contiguous to the residence.

I am using the federal exemptions- they are more generous then the PA ones.

Back
Top Bottom