Firearms Thread-Questions-Answers & Pictures

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

For Tazz.....new model with bugs worked outView attachment 6409
i dont have any new ones yet.....but hear good things about them....same on the new anacondas..IE better machine work internals but not hand fitted equalling similar feeling guns but easier to service... :) you talked me into a picture of one i dont think they will ever re-produce (your gun??)
kodaik barrel.jpg

My college roommate got to handle a couple of my pistols over Christmas. It's only fair because back in the 1980s I DSC_1813.JPG banged his ex-gf and his 18 yo cousin who visited us in FL.

Yea it is my "championship trophy" I picked up from the winnings I got from stomping old college buddies in fantasy football this year.

Federal judge in Texas put a stay on Pistol Brace illegality making it unenforcable until it goes to trial; at which time it will be deemed unconstitutional. Braces are now for sale everywhere on the interweb.

My Unca Harry brought home a broom-handle C6 Mauser. How the heck the gummint can even consider outlawing a pistol first made in 1896, many of which are cherished to this day?

Sumbody tell me the difference between the old and new CONCEPT/ADAPTATION (other than the brace is made of wood and it also served as a weather-proof fargin holster).
1700743430362.png1700743523786.png

The difference is that you have demoncrats in the gumint and they know nothing about guns - just feelings.

Range day Okeechobee, FL. AR-15, AR-9, CZ Scorpion, Glock 19, Ruger LCP. Pretty fun day. The optics make them super accurrate.

If I could only take one hunting or into battle it would be the 2nd gen Scorpion. Tighter than the ARs. I would take the AR-9 after it. The pistol caliber large capacity pistols with braces are really special.
20240602_103331.jpg20240602_115410.jpg20240602_115400.jpg20240602_115914.jpg

Range day Okeechobee, FL. AR-15, AR-9, CZ Scorpion, Glock 19, Ruger LCP. Pretty fun day. The optics make them super accurrate.

If I could only take one hunting or into battle it would be the 2nd gen Scorpion. Tighter than the ARs. I would take the AR-9 after it. The pistol caliber large capacity pistols with braces are really special.
View attachment 12966View attachment 12962View attachment 12963View attachment 12964

if your just wanting to party (pistol cal with hi caps)....put on a high power green laser (green works better in daylight) .......just take a lot of ammo

View attachment 12966View attachment 12962View attachment 12963View attachment 12964
A man after my own heart... I envy you with your modern (AKA: Black) beauties. As you know, I am a generation back with the old-fashioned stuff like AK-47 and my bringumhome SKS. I dunno even how to take that monster of yours apart to clean it.

ARs are easy because they use captured pins same as the Scorpion. The AR9 also uses Scorpion mags. A pleasure to shoot and so accurate it's not even sporting.

Modern optics have both red & green dots with multiple cross settings. I prefer green in the daylight, but red makes a statement at night on a bad guy's chest.

ARs are easy because they use captured pins same as the Scorpion. The AR9 also uses Scorpion mags. A pleasure to shoot and so accurate it's not even sporting.

Modern optics have both red & green dots with multiple cross settings. I prefer green in the daylight, but red makes a statement at night on a bad guy's chest.
i agree red at night....green in daylight.......it sure makes hip shooting fun .....and the muzzle smoke will also illuminate the lazer path.......just a fun ammo blasting party kinda thing.........i do it with my calico's with the 100rd mags .......its amazing how short those last.....and how dirty your gun gets.....my daughter loved to do it to a inanimate object when she was having man troubles LOL

I've been wondering how I could get a laser sight on my crossbow.

Post a pic of the crossbow.

I've been wondering how I could get a laser sight on my crossbow.
my crossbow has rail mounts just like a gun so its not a issue.......biggest issue with a cross bow is arrow drop rate and a laser would only be right on elevation at one specific range.....but its still a great point n shoot tool

A laser sight with an integrated rangefinder might be just the thing.

A laser sight with an integrated rangefinder might be just the thing.

that would be wonderful .......seems like making a laser pointer is easy...making a laser range finder is easy.....making the laser range finder communicate with and adjust the laser pointer point spot as ranges change seems like it would be technically challenging to build

Okay, just thinking out loud here. The device has two lasers, maybe green, maybe red. One of them is going to give the aiming dot, the other will be to find the find the angle that gives the distance. Both need to be mobile, so they are attached to servos. Small servos are cheap and easy to control. Let's modulate both lasers at some useful frequency that is easy to detect with an optical receiver. But modulate them out of phase. The receiver will get a modulated signal from the primary and the secondary sweeps until its dot touches the primary, giving a 100% (unmodulated) return, indicating that the angle is found and correct. Now that the angle and distance are known, the primary servo can be adjusted to move the dot to the correct position.

If you have top rails add a red dot. If only lower add a laser. Red dot is better.

i just run a crossbow scope with multiple crosshairs for different yardages..........but that wouldnt be any good at night

If you have top rails add a red dot. If only lower add a laser. Red dot is better.
I've got an Empire HellHound. I just don't see a place to add a laser or dot.
1717924908710.png
1717924970681.png

You could place one on the rail where the optical scope is attached if you removed the scope.
Well, yeah. Then where on the crossbow would I put the scope I just removed? ;)

If you want both, you will need to get creative...

513GDWXcp8L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Burris-410343-Riflescope-Featuring-Picatinny/dp/B004P81FMU/?th=1

This post may contain affiliate links for which PM Bug gold and silver discussion forum may be compensated.
This post may contain affiliate links for which PM Bug gold and silver discussion forum may be compensated.
^^^^^^^^^Click link to see

There's a unit thingy for sale:

Beileshi 2.5-10x40 Red Green Illuminated Tactical Rifle Scope Crossbow Scope with Red Laser Combo​

Wow. Just ordered one. It will arrive at Chateau Sneakydicker by tomorrow afternoon.

^^^^^^^^^Click link to see

There's a unit thingy for sale:

Beileshi 2.5-10x40 Red Green Illuminated Tactical Rifle Scope Crossbow Scope with Red Laser Combo​

Wow. Just ordered one. It will arrive at Chateau Sneakydicker by tomorrow afternoon.
just some information....

a laser mounted to the side of the (bore) centerline has a side to side perfect distance also since a laser is a perfectly straight line.....the closer to the (bore) centerline the less deviation you will have

also ...if you get the scope sited in you can just clamp the "gun" in a mount and just move the laser to match the scope crosshairs or vice-versa so you dont have to site them in independently

What do you all use for recoil reduction? DPM or tungsten guide rods? I shot a Glock 40 with a tungsten guide rod and it shot much softer than my 19.

i shoot a lot of 44mag and 357mag revolvers .........short cartridge pistols seem tame afterwards ........limiting range sessions helps too as you dont get tired and hand stressed and start limp wristing etc ......shooting light loads can comfort things up too ....... matching loads to hardware is pretty important with a semi pistol if you get to messing with things to much you can create reliability issues

I don't have any recoil doo dads for my pistols or rifles. I did put a Blackhawk/Knoxx SpecOps recoil reducing stock on my Mossberg 500 shotgun though and it was, IMO, well worth the investment.

I don't have any recoil doo dads for my pistols or rifles. I did put a Blackhawk/Knoxx SpecOps recoil reducing stock on my Mossberg 500 shotgun though and it was, IMO, well worth the investment.

I have one of those I use on my rem 870 pump...I like it

Back
Top Bottom