Food rationing begins in England

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I suspect that eggs are just the first domino to fall. Expect more shortages to come.

fwiw............

We have a friend lives out by Rush CO. We buy her a $15 50lb bag of cracked corn from Tractor & Supply every so often.

Not required, but we feel obligated to feed the chickens we get free eggs from.

We also give her canning jars that come from Classico pasta sauce. Most folks toss them.

She's a real farm gal. Grabs that sack of corn and tosses it over her shoulder like a boss!

British farmers have hit out at supermarket chains over the country's egg shortage, arguing that they warned in May there would be empty shelves this winter if they were not paid more for their goods amid rising costs.

Pumping avian flu is fear-pron.

Golden Regards
Uncle

I offered to buy my egg lady as many chickens as she wanted said she had a plenty

she has 32 cats as well.

British farmers have hit out at supermarket chains over the country's egg shortage, arguing that they warned in May there would be empty shelves this winter if they were not paid more for their goods amid rising costs.

Pumping avian flu is fear-pron.

Golden Regards
Uncle
Thanks for nailing that, Uncle.

I got pissed when I saw the "Avian Flu" MSM/Gov't bullshit. The rationing problem is due entirely the same "Go Green" idiocy that is destroying Dutch farmers. That crap causes inflation. But I could not find the sauce.

Thanks for nailing that, Uncle.

I got pissed when I saw the "Avian Flu" MSM/Gov't bullshit. The rationing problem is due entirely the same "Go Green" idiocy that is destroying Dutch farmers. That crap causes inflation. But I could not find the sauce.

Walter, I have no link but more and more Dutch farmers are refusing to sell to corporate establishments and are selling direct to the public.

Golden Regards
Uncle

From the article:

Humphreys said: “Supermarkets are going to tell you the egg shortages is because of avian flu. But the real reason why there’s an egg shortage is because the supermarkets won’t pay the farmers for the eggs.”

“Our cost of producing these eggs has skyrocketed – feed, electric, the price of new birds, that’s gone up, but our price of eggs has stayed the same. We physically can’t afford to produce these eggs.”

Corporations are refusing to buy eggs when they don't get the price they demand, thus driving a shortage. Anyone else think we need to get rid of corporations, which are owned and run by globalist and go back to the local buying and selling basics. The huge problem here is the cities.

Sure. What are corporations, monsters from outer space?

Corporations are LEGAL CHARTERS. If you want industrial society - central heating, affordable meat, plumbing...you need specialized crafts, Economies of Scale, property rights.

What we have here, is an Elite Leadership Class gone completely mad. THAT has happened before. We have seen it in France, England and Russia in various times. Our Elites in our world, are not dukes, earls, marquises like those of pre-Revolution France. They're not dictators like Stalin - although as contemptuous of those they see as their lessers.

They're the moneyed class, who have discovered, in the last 20 years, it's moar easy to become rich through money-printing and seigniorage than from selling products that meet the needs of those Little People.

These Elites, as a class, have moved in their minds from First of Equals, to a Leadership Class, to those who have power and wealth for natural deservance...to those deigned by Gaia to SAVE! THE! PLANET!

They're going to do this under the half-baked precepts of Thomas Malthus.

The problem here, is, essentially, unearned or easily-obtained wealth, plenty of leisure...and a cultivation, by academics, of a cultural self-loathing.

I don't see what abolishing corporations would do, other than make the manufacture of automobiles and ships and operation of railroads, the sole province of government. One man in a shop is not going to make a fleet of Peterbilts, nor will he have the resources, or take the personal financial risk, of building or operating a railroad.

You want to return to an agrarian pre-industrial society?

Then you better let the Club-of-Rome Malthusians over in Davos get on with their work, because that's what will happen without the legal structure of corporate organization. Sorry, Government commissariates don't work...not just not as well, but at all. Stalin's People's Motor Works couldn't invent tractors or even copy Western models that worked, even when the model to copy was right in front of them.

GE and GM-EMD used to SELL Soviet Bloc their locomotives - some new, some used that were disposed of by American railroads. We also sold them much of their wheat - and without them, they'd have had their De-Growth movement, mass starvation.

It should be obvious. Legal protection and legal structure is an essential foundation for complex organized industrial operations.

Farmers should cut out the middleman... sell eggs by the roadside.

Farmers should cut out the middleman... sell eggs by the roadside.
Elsewhere, the EPA has just proposed a Carbon Tax of $6/gallon on gasoline.

There ain't gonna BE roadside stands...until this Malthusian push comes to a conclusion, one way or another.

Back
Top Bottom