Fox News, Newsmax, OAN defamation lawsuits (Dominion, Smartmatic, etc.)

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

pmbug

Your Host
Administrator
Benefactor
Reaction score
United-States
Fox Corp. CEO Lachlan Murdoch is slated to appear for a deposition on Monday as the Dominion Voting Systems defamation lawsuit against the company and its cable networks moves forward.

Dominion's lawsuit against Fox, which is seeking $1.6 billion in damages, has argued Fox News and Fox Business made false claims its voting machines rigged the results of the 2020 election between Donald Trump and Joe Biden.

If this goes to trial, I'm gonna need a shitload of popcorn.

In a sworn deposition in Dominion Voting Service’s $1.6 billion defamation lawsuit against Fox News, prime-time host Sean Hannity admitted that he never bought former president Trump’s allegations that the voting-hardware company rigged tabulation machines to “steal” the 2020 election from him.

“I did not believe it for one second,” the prime-time anchor testified, according to information released in a court hearing on Wednesday and first reported by the New York Times.

I don't understand why anyone in their right mind would have gone along with this garbage. They caused all sorts of insanity for no legitimate reason what so ever. Everyone involved deserves everything they get.

the clowns better rig that shitshow. there are damning quotes/admissions from one of their top guys. something to the tune of --- donald trump will not win this election, i made sure of that

Yet after the '16 election the dimocrats screamed bloody murder about election tampering and cheating. Put the nation through 3 years of hell over it, with zero evidence other than a hag paid for dossier that the fbi knew in 2016 could not be substantiated.
.....but all that is a-ok, because orange man bad, right? Lol

Then in 2018, the same dimocrats screamed bloody murder over supposedly hacked voting machines that cheated them out of winning.
....but it's ok for them to do it, right?

At this point, I tell those on the other side that the bidet cheated to win.

If for no other reason than to piss them off and make them feel the same way they made Trump supporters feel for his whole term.

Why was it ok for them to do it, but when used on them, they cry foul.
Just a buncha f'in' hypocrites.

Did he cheat, or did others cheat on his behalf? I have no idea, as I'm just a Joe with an interwebs connection. I have no way of personally checking what went on in Gerogia, or Arizona or wherever. All I know is that there are in fact suspicious things that went on in 2020, that no one in charge really seems to want to investigate at all.

Last edited:
NEW YORK (AP) — A New York appeals court on Tuesday rejected Fox News’ bid to shut down a multibillion-dollar defamation lawsuit accusing the network of spreading lies that a voting-technology company helped “steal” the 2020 election from then-U.S. President Donald Trump.

A five-judge panel ruled unanimously against the network, host Maria Bartiromo and former host Lou Dobbs. They said they were simply reporting the news when they broadcast unsupported claims from Trump lawyers Rudy Giuliani and Sidney Powell about Smartmatic USA. The claims were false.

More here:

NEW YORK (AP) — A New York appeals court on Tuesday rejected Fox News’ bid to shut down a multibillion-dollar defamation lawsuit accusing the network of spreading lies that a voting-technology company helped “steal” the 2020 election from then-U.S. President Donald Trump.

A five-judge panel ruled unanimously against the network, host Maria Bartiromo and former host Lou Dobbs. They said they were simply reporting the news when they broadcast unsupported claims from Trump lawyers Rudy Giuliani and Sidney Powell about Smartmatic USA. The claims were false.

More here:

No one has proved the claims false. Who cares though as the dollar crumbles the Just Us system goes with it.

Hannity admits it: He knew Trump lied as legal earthquake rocks Fox News empire​

Feb 15, 2023

A New York State appeals court rejected Fox News’ attempt to shut down a multibillion-dollar defamation suit against the network. The company that brought the case, Smartmatic, accuses Fox News of spreading lies that the voting-technology company helped rig the 2020 election in favor of President Biden. The decision comes as Dominion Voting Systems’ wages a similar $1.6 billion lawsuit against Fox News. MSNBC Chief Legal Correspondent Ari Melber reports on this developing legal story. 9:52

Comments from 7:30 onwards likely apply to the promulgation of ... fake news ... on social media too. I wonder if deep pockets might go after voices with large audiences in similar circumstances.

Hannity admits it: He knew Trump lied as legal earthquake rocks Fox News empire​

Feb 15, 2023

A New York State appeals court rejected Fox News’ attempt to shut down a multibillion-dollar defamation suit against the network. The company that brought the case, Smartmatic, accuses Fox News of spreading lies that the voting-technology company helped rig the 2020 election in favor of President Biden. The decision comes as Dominion Voting Systems’ wages a similar $1.6 billion lawsuit against Fox News. MSNBC Chief Legal Correspondent Ari Melber reports on this developing legal story. 9:52

Wow, Search, ol' buddy,...you keep dragging in lopsided chit like this, and you may soon yourself alone at this website.

P.S. You may want to consider alternate news services to MSNBC--especially if you are posting in this forum.

Last edited:
how many members here believe Joe Brandon got 81 million legal votes?
raw

You may want to consider alternate news services to MSNBC

Here's an interesting article found on yahoo. Original source is New York Times.

Some snippets.......

Carlson referred to Trump as a "demonic force" after the election and called pro-Trump lawyer Sidney Powell an "unguided missile" who is "dangerous as hell" and was obviously "lying" about vote-fraud conspiracy theories. "Our viewers are good people and they believe it," he added.

But when Fox News correspondent Jacqui Heinrich fact-checked Trump's vote fraud claims in a tweet, Carlson texted Ingraham and Hannity: "Please get her fired. Seriously ... It needs to stop immediately, like tonight. It's measurably hurting the company. The stock price is down. Not a joke." Heinrich had deleted her tweet by the following morning.

Here's one from Reuters.

Stick around. The trial starts in April.

Original source is New York Times.
Oh, now there's an objective news source...

Searcher, I've got to tell you--I am now to the point where I won't even look at any more of your posts.

If I ever again need to see something like the pixilated twaddle you have been posting, all I need to do is to go check out the basement of the outhouse.

Folks, this forum software has a an "ignore" feature. Just hover your mouse cursor over someone's username and click the "ignore" button on the pop-up screen. There's no need to harange folk personally or shoot the messenger because they post news or a POV that you don't like. Let's keep discussion focused on topics, not on members of the community.

There's no need to harange folk personally
PMB, stating that a "news" posting is garbage is not a personal attack; and stating the same regarding an ongoing series of obvious left-wing propaganda from the same poster is not "haranguing."

Yes, I know all about the ignore button. I also know that in another, similar forum, the continuing posting of such garbage could be considered shill posting. But if that's what you want--especially from a moderator who would likely be considered as speaking for the website--maybe I need to reconsider my stay.

Last edited:
PMB, stating that a "news" posting is garbage is not a personal attack;

Agreed. And that's what I'm asking everyone to do - keep comments focused on the subject of the thread (and not on the forum member that posted it). Why do you think what has been posted is garbage? Is it not correct? Has it been mischaracterized? What specifically is your objection to the news?

~~~

In court papers filed Thursday, text messages and testimony from depositions show that Fox executives and TV personalities were skeptical about claims that the election between the victorious Joe Biden, a Democrat, and Trump, a Republican, was rigged.

The release follows months of discovery and depositions that have remained private until Thursday, when the companies filed court papers before a Delaware judge laying out each of their cases and unveiling recently gathered evidence. ...

I came to this web site in my ongoing search for truth. Instead, I find myself having to wade through a rising tide of noxious left-wing sputum from a moderator who, I am finding, is being garrisoned in the act.

What do I think is garbage? I believe my posts are self-explanatory, but I'll humor the subject and provide one example:

Georgia Grand Jury’s Report Is Garbage Because Fulton County D.A. Fed Them Garbage To ‘Get Trump'​

Last edited:
Moderators here help enforce the forum guidelines. They (as well as everyone else in the community) are free to post content that doesn't violate the guidelines as they wish. We currently have moderators with wildly different POVs and that is a good thing for folks that are truly interested in ongoing searches for truth. If you don't like what someone is posting, you can either address the deficiencies in what they are posting or ignore them. If you have a grievance with another member, I'll be happy to discuss it with you via PM.

especially from a moderator who would likely be considered as speaking for the website

The only time I have ever spoke for the web site was when I edited some antisemitic postings that you had complained about. I didn't delete the posts. I cleaned up the offensive material and stated why it had been edited. That's it.

I have kept my opinions to myself and basically have posted news. While I have started my own threads on certain subject matter, I have posted in threads that others have started. I try my best to verify that what I post is true. If you or other people don't like some of my posts you should simply stop reading them.

As a mod I read through a lot of different threads to make sure no one is posting hate, threats, inciting violence or other crazy shit. There are threads where I don't care for or care about the subject matter. I refrain from posting in them and instead post in different threads. And while I may not like certain subject matter, I never think about the person who posted it. If it floats his / her boat - so be it. As long as the post is with-in forum guidelines it's really none of my business what another member posts.

As a mod I have also tried to help a few members who had asked for help. That's the main reason I agreed to be a mod. I push no agenda what-so-ever.

And just because you don't like what someone posts is no reason to attack the messenger. If you feel strongly about a post.........by all means take it apart and point out the fallacies in the post. But if you are going to go that route, at least have the common decency to provide facts and not opinions.

Everything I have posted in this thread has happened in real life. It has been proven to be factual. If you have any proof that it is not true, then by-all-means please provide it publicly.

The only time I have ever spoke for the web site was when I edited some antisemitic postings that you had complained about. I didn't delete the posts. I cleaned up the offensive material and stated why it had been edited.
I'm happy you labeled them "offensive posts." It only took you several days' worth to catch them.
And just because you don't like what someone posts is no reason to attack the messenger.
I think we have already established, as PMBug affirmed, this writer has not attacked the messenger.

... I'll humor the subject and provide one example:

Georgia Grand Jury’s Report Is Garbage Because Fulton County D.A. Fed Them Garbage To ‘Get Trump'​

Thanks. The Georgia (grand jury) case is distinct from the Delaware case (ie. they are two different lawsuits). The news being reported here (that you are complaining about) is based upon testimony and hard records (texts/emails) that were introduced as evidence during depositions in the Delaware case. In other words, the material didn't come from a DA - it came from Fox News records and Fox News defendant testimony.

I'm more of a JFK Democrat myself. It's just that the D party went off the deep end so now it appears I'm conservative.

Searcher is left of JFK, way left. I take what he says with a grain of salt when he rubs that liberal nonsense into the gaping maw.

Mostly I gloss over his posts realizing that I am right and he is not. I don't have to prove a point - though sometimes it's irresistible.

Feb 15, 2023

Dude, Hannity is on the liers side.

4 takeaways from the bombshell Fox News legal filing​

We still don’t know whether Fox News and the Fox Corporation will ultimately have to pay up for their promotion of the false claim that Dominion Voting Systems machines helped rig the 2020 election. But Dominion’s defamation lawsuit has now come at a significant cost to Fox, in at least one sense, by revealing the ugly inner workings of its post-2020 election coverage.

Dominion in a legal filing Thursday laid out extensive evidence uncovered during the discovery process. It reveals that Fox News hosts and executives seemed to understand the various “stolen election” claims being promoted by Donald Trump and his team were false or baseless, and privately derided them.

But they largely declined to say that on the air, worrying that doing so — and alienating Trump and viewers — would be bad for business. It is one of the most revealing looks at what happened behind the scenes at the country’s highest-rated cable news channel and most important conservative media outlet.

Full article:

Raheem did good work in finding Fox News' court filings. I searched around yesterday and was not able to find any of the court documents. A couple of points:

- This lawsuit is still to be litigated in the court. Whether or not Fox News' claims have merit or not is still to be determined.
- Raheem (nor Fox News) did not refute any of the reports of Fox News handling of the issue. They can't because what's being reported are facts provided by Fox News' testimony in depositions.

The filing has already revealed a number of bizarre allegations, like that Fox's Maria Bartiromo moved forward with claims from pro-Trump lawyer Sidney Powell even knowing her source was a woman who claims to have received voter fraud intelligence through "time travel." But the far more damning evidence, argued Tribe, is the real-time communications of Fox hosts who clearly knew Trump's conspiracy theories were false.

A bit long but interesting (imo.) It's an opinion......take it fwiw and dyodd.

I appreciate the offering of different voices and viewpoints but the presentation seems a little one sided. I don't see the balance in this thread. If I wanted an echo chamber I'll tune into cable or network news.

What about the MSM outlets that knowingly pushed the Russian lie/hoax that led to the illegitimate impeachment of a sitting president? That too can be considered sedition or at least reckless endangerment.

I appreciate the offering of different voices and viewpoints but the presentation seems a little one sided. I don't see the balance in this thread. If I wanted an echo chamber I'll tune into cable or network news.

What about the MSM outlets that knowingly pushed the Russian lie/hoax that led to the illegitimate impeachment of a sitting president? That too can be considered sedition or at least reckless endangerment.

Where are the good lamposts when you need them? That would set a very difficult precedent for anyone on the TelluVision.

Back
Top Bottom