Fox News, Newsmax, OAN defamation lawsuits (Dominion, Smartmatic, etc.)

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I don't see the balance in this thread.

No one is blocked from posting in this thread. If you have anything that is of a different view point / slant than what I post, you can certainly post it. In fact, different view points are welcome.

I plan on following the lawsuit to the bitter end. And I will continue to post about it until it's over. No one is holding a gun to your head and forcing you to click on to the thread or making you read it.

Rather than complaining about what I post why don't you post something you consider news worthy?

This is from a link that is in post #743 in the elections thread:

"The election system does have some genuine problems. They are best addressed by setting aside both partisan hyperbole and crackpot conspiracism."

Hyperbole, crackpot conspiracism and outright lies are what Fox News and the loons they had on their shows engaged in. Hopefully they'll all be held to account.

Viking - your post with the vid about the Georgia grand jury forewoman wasn't deleted. It was moved into the election thread. This thread is about the Domionion lawsuit against Fox News.

BTW............just my opinion but I really don't think she should have given the interviews. From me watching them I think she did it for a little time in the limelight but geez. Let's hope it doesn't hurt our cause in bringing the guilty to justice.

Your post is # 745 here: https://www.pmbug.com/threads/elections.4080/page-19

The disclosure of emails and texts in which Fox News executives and personalities disparaged the same election conspiracies being floated on their shows has greatly increased the chances that a defamation case against the network will succeed, legal experts say.

Dominion Voting Systems included dozens of messages sent internally by Fox co-founder Rupert Murdoch and on-air stars such as Tucker Carlson in a brief made public last week in support of the voting technology company’s $1.6 billion lawsuit against the network. Dominion claims it was damaged in the months after the 2020 election after Fox repeatedly aired false statements that it was part of a conspiracy to fraudulently elect Joe Biden.

Rupert Murdoch testified under oath that Fox News promoted election lies on air, despite a raft of evidence revealing that many hosts privately knew the claims made by then-President Donald Trump and his surrogates to be false.

What about the MSM outlets that knowingly pushed the Russian lie/hoax that led to the illegitimate impeachment of a sitting president? That too can be considered sedition or at least reckless endangerment.
Those with TDS care not about that. They see it as honorable, the lies that were told then.

Hyperbole, crackpot conspiracism and outright lies are what Fox News and the loons they had on their shows engaged in. Hopefully they'll all be held to account.
What about crackpot conspiracism and outright lies that the other networks showed non stop for the 4 years of Trump's Presidency? Are they gonna held to account?

Her "interview" shows it for the witch hunt it is.

We just had testimony on the Ax senate floor about their governor (who ran the "election) laundering money for drug cartels. Lol. And you want to go after news outlets for possible thinking there are shenanigans? Yes, I thing that's probably factual. Just like the lab leak theory three years ago that got us "in trouble", even though it was the most valid hypothesis.

What about crackpot conspiracism and outright lies that the other networks showed non stop for the 4 years of Trump's Presidency? Are they gonna held to account?

Depends. Any lawsuits cooking against them that you're aware of?

Her "interview" shows it for the witch hunt it is.

Nah. It shows that she's very impressed at meeting people in power, being on a jury and wanting some media exposure. Also shows a lack of judgement and street smarts. She had no clue that the media would look through her entire life, dig up all the dirt they could about her and expose it. They did and she's now gone quiet.

As for a "witch hunt" we'll have to wait and see if anyone is charged.

And you want to go after news outlets for possible thinking there are shenanigans?

I'm not going after anyone. Just reporting news. Dominion is the one who filed the lawsuit. Not me.

Who do you think will prevail? Fox or Dominion?

This one is an opinion piece.

From the link:

The court documents filed Monday in the lawsuit between Dominion Voting Systems and Fox News revealed many details of News Corp. CEO Rupert Murdoch's conversations around the 2020 election and the aftermath of the Jan. 6 attack.

Addressing the new information, MSNBC's Lawrence O'Donnell described Murdoch as Dr. Frankenstein creating the monster of his audience and Donald Trump that he must figure out how to control.

"Fox News, very busy pivoting," Murdoch wrote in an email to a former Fox executive. "We want to make Trump a non-person."

From a link at the end of the article:

Trump rages.........................(lol)

Donald Trump raged at Fox News magnate Rupert Murdoch over revelations from a new filing in the bombshell Dominion defamation suit against the network.

Damning comments made by Fox News hosts and executives in private in the aftermath of the election were revealed in a recent filing by Dominion Voting Systems, which is suing Fox News for defamation and seeking $1.6 billion in damages. The suit has prompted copious doomsaying by a spectrum of pundits, including Mediaite Editor-in-Chief Aidan McLaughlin and famed First Amendment lawyer Floyd Abrams.

More rage:

Today's episode of "Sleepy Joe stole my election."

The former president wrote on Wednesday: "If Rupert Murdoch honestly believes that the Presidential Election of 2020, despite MASSIVE amounts of proof to the contrary, was not Rigged & Stollen [sic], then he & his group of MAGA Hating Globalist RINOS should get out of the News Business as soon as possible, because they are aiding & abetting the DESTRUCTION OF AMERICA with FAKE NEWS."

^ Reason senior editor analyzes both Dominion's and Fox's court briefs.

Only time I have ever used the ignore fuction......life is good now.....i consider it spam after a while the owner will figure it out

Sean Hannity, Maria Bartiromo & Jeanine Pirro: Top TV Stars Tipped To Be FIRED In Rupert Murdoch ‘Blood Sacrifice’ Over Fox News Election Lies Scandal​

Story by Connor Surmonte • 5h ago

At least three prominent Fox News stars are set to be axed from the embattled news network to help Rupert Murdoch save face amid the ongoing $1.6 billion defamation lawsuit against him and his company, RadarOnline.com has learned.

In the latest development to come shortly after Murdoch admitted he did nothing to stop his Fox News talent from “promoting” ex-President Donald Trump’s baseless claims the 2020 presidential election was rigged, network insiders believe the 92-year-old billionaire media magnate will commit “blood sacrifices” in an effort to save the network’s bottom line.

More:

It's not just Dominion. Other players going after Fox.

Fox News hit with fresh federal election complaint over Trump camp collusion​

Story by Martin Pengelly in New York • 6h ago

A US Federal Election Commission complaint over the collusion of Fox News with the Trump campaign in 2020 could be the first of many, the complainant said, amid continued fallout from dramatic court filings in Dominion Voter Systems’ $1.6bn defamation suit against the network.

Media Matters for America, a liberal watchdog, filed its FEC complaint last week, over the revelation that Rupert Murdoch personally gave Jared Kushner, Trump’s son-in-law and adviser, confidential information about a Biden campaign ad.

More:

Nobody cares about Faux News.... well there are some old sheep around still. But guess who else tore into good ole Rupert at CPAC? Steve Bannon.

More fun for Fox...............

'Another crisis is building' at Fox News as second defamation lawsuit gets green light for trial​

Story by David Edwards • 33m ago

A defamation lawsuit against Fox News by voting machine company Smartmatic appears to be headed to trial after the New York Supreme Court gave the green light last week.

An analysis by The Guardian found that the $2.7 billion lawsuit could be "more dangerous" than the $1.6 billion lawsuit brought by Dominion Voting Systems. In both cases, Fox News personalities are accused of falsely claiming President Joe Biden won the election because of a voting machine conspiracy.

"The Earth is round. Two plus two equals four," Smartmatic's 2021 complaint began. "Joe Biden and Kamala Harris won the 2020 election for President and Vice President of the United States. The election was not stolen, rigged, or fixed. These are facts. They are demonstrable and irrefutable."

More:

flat out, they're mocking us and our entire society, along with our laws and precedents

Smartmatic is not really a separate entity from Dominion. It's funny that they start with the "fact" that the Earth is round. A lot would even argue that these days.

It's capitalism. Every market must be served. Even though we don't believe this crazy shit, our viewers believe it, so let's keep serving it to them. It's our market .

From the link:

(Reuters) - Lawyers for Dominion Voting Systems are set on Tuesday to ask a Delaware judge to find Fox Corp liable for defamation over airing debunked vote-rigging claims, while Fox lawyers fighting a $1.6 billion lawsuit counter that the network's 2020 election coverage was constitutionally protected speech.

If it was ok for all the other news outlets to falsely maintain for years and to mislead many millions of people to believe that Trump cheated to win in '16 and that he had colluded with Putin to do so, why isn't ok to say that Joe cheated too?

Why do the dems and their supporters get a free pass to spread any lies they want to tell, and do so for years while having have zero consequences, but if there's even the mere appearance of anything untoward on their opponents part, they treat it as though it's the most heinous crime ever.

How does what I posted in the other thread about the Roman Empire not clearly apply to what we see going on today? Our nation appears to be doomed.

Hannity should offer to kill himself if the charges are dropped that would be fair IMHO.

The Dems bought and paid for the Prosecutors and Judges, duh.

I hate to see her get involved in this. Seriously why can't the two sides here settle this by throwing Hannity off a bridge and call it even, sounds fair for both sides. Or Bill Hemmer off a high cliff, I haven't forgotten that he is also an asshole, have you?

i.e., I was forced to violate my ethics....

Dominion’s Weak Case Against Fox​

Victory for the plaintiff would severely weaken the First Amendment protection all news media enjoy.​

WSJ
By William P. Barr
March 23, 2023

The mainstream press has reacted predictably in recent weeks after Fox News’s internal communications and witness depositions were disclosed in Dominion Voting Systems’ defamation lawsuit against the network. Blinded by resentment at Fox’s success as an alternative media voice, many media organizations offered a distorted narrative—largely parroting Dominion’s spin—that the disclosures doom Fox’s legal defense. Commentators from the New York Times, Washington Post, CNN, MSNBC and other outlets, gleeful at the prospect of a Fox setback, cheer on as the defamation case heads toward a trial date.

But the real significance of the disclosures is exactly the opposite of what these media outlets claim. Two things are clear: First, if the applicable law is faithfully applied, the facts completely upend Dominion’s defamation claim against Fox. The case should be decided in Fox’s favor, if not at the trial stage, then on appeal.

Second, a ruling against Fox would be a major blow to media freedoms generally, subjecting news outlets to the prospect of outsize liability whenever they report on newsworthy allegations that turn out to be false.

Right after the 2020 election, President Trump and his team repeatedly alleged that Dominion machines had been used in a voting-fraud scheme. Although these allegations weren’t substantiated, as attorney general, I couldn’t immediately discount them. Finding the truth required an investigation, which I authorized. Over the next few weeks we found no substantiation or discrepancies, and based on expert assessments I became increasingly convinced the claims against Dominion were unfounded.

more

An employee at Fox News said she was forced to lie about voter fraud. Ana Kasparian discusses on The Young Turks. 11:17

i.e., I was forced to violate my ethics....

March 29, 2023, 2:37 PM EDT / Updated March 29, 2023, 7:12 PM EDT
By Amanda Terkel, Jane C. Timm and Dareh Gregorian

Ten days after the 2020 election, Fox News' so-called Brain Room looked into conspiracy theories that Dominion Voting Systems had rigged the presidential election against Donald Trump.

The fact-checking and research division of the network came back with a clear decision: Those claims were false. But the misinformation went on the air anyway.

Details of the Brain Room's fact-check were revealed Wednesday in newly released slides from a presentation by Dominion, which the company showed at last week's pretrial hearing in its $1.6 billion defamation lawsuit against Fox News and its parent company, Fox Corp. The slides cite internal communications and testimony.

More:

If you're following this, the vid is pretty good and worth 12 minutes of your time (m2c.)

Hannity admits it: He knew Trump lied and is called under oath as legal earthquake rocks Fox News​

Mar 30, 2023

Damaging new email evidence is putting heat on Fox News and shows the network’s internal fact-checking system warned Trump’s election lies were false. Meanwhile, Fox Chief Rupert Murdoch and anchors Tucker Carlson, Sean Hannity, Laura Ingraham, and Maria Bartiromo have all been called as witnesses in Dominion’s billion-dollar defamation lawsuit. MSNBC Chief Legal Correspondent Ari Melber reports and analyzes the case, discussing why it’s not a media story but an insurrection story.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…