Gas stove ban raised after air pollution linked to childhood asthma

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Goldhedge

GIM2 Refugee
Reaction score
now what...? Bet this is proven wrong...

Gas stove ban raised after air pollution linked to childhood asthma​

Gustaf Kilander
January 10, 2023

The US Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) is considering a ban on gas stoves over fears they cause indoor pollution linked to asthma in children.

Agency commissioner Richard Trumka Jr told Bloomberg that gas stoves are a “hidden hazard”.

“Any option is on the table. Products that can’t be made safe can be banned,” he said.

The agency has been reviewing the possibility to take action on gas stoves for several months. Mr Trumka said in October that the CPSC should request public comments on the dangers of gas stoves as the pollutants have been connected to asthma and worse respiratory conditions.

Last month, the International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health released a study saying that using a gas stove indoors is connected to a higher risk of childhood asthma, CNN reported.

According to the study, almost 13 per cent of current child asthma in the US is linked to the use of a gas stove.

Lot cheaper to cook with gas than electricity. If the gov gets rid of gas, are we going to get help with our electric bills?

BTW...................not going to happen.

AOC Says Gas Stoves Cause ‘Brain Damage,’​

1673527039758.jpeg1673527057987.jpeg1673527069763.jpeg

“Did you know that ongoing exposure to NO2 from gas stoves is linked to reduced cognitive performance,” AOC tweeted in response to Rep. Ronny Jackson (R-Texas) vowing to “NEVER” give up his gas stove.1673527198215.jpeg

Well if the power grid goes out you won't be able to heat your kitchen if you have no gas stove. That's a bonus right?

The head of the Consumer Product Safety Commission announced he has no plans to ban gas stoves days after a report said officials with the agency were considering putting a stop to the use of them.

"Over the past several days, there has been a lot of attention paid to gas stove emissions and to the Consumer Product Safety Commission. Research indicates that emissions from gas stoves can be hazardous, and the CPSC is looking for ways to reduce related indoor air quality hazards," CPSC Chair Alexander Hoehn-Saric said in a statement Wednesday. "But to be clear, I am not looking to ban gas stoves and the CPSC has no proceeding to do so."

The news comes after a U.S. Consumer Product Safety commissioner Richard Trumka Jr. said in an interview with Bloomberg the agency was considering a ban because gas stoves have become a "hidden hazard."
In his statement Wednesday, Hoehn-Saric said the agency is researching the gas emissions from the stoves and how to address health risks, as well as strengthening safety standards.

"This spring, we will be asking the public to provide us with information about gas stove emissions and potential solutions for reducing any associated risks. This is part of our product safety mission – learning about hazards and working to make products safer," Hoehn-Saric said.

Yea, we're supposed to believe that the commissioner of the cpsc was just making it all up on the fly. Lol

They were throwing it out there in order to gauge the response.
Ie: the response they got leads to, "it was just a mistake!"
...but had they gotten a different response, or no response, would they have then worked towards a ban? Imho, yes they would have.

They had to be discussing it, otherwise the comissioner wouldn't have said anything about it.

N.Y. Gov. Hochul proposes ban on new gas hookups, to fight climate change​

If the state Legislature passes Hochul's plan, the sale of all fossil fuel-burning home appliances would be phased out by the end of the decade.​

Ben Adler
Ben Adler
·Senior Editor
Thu, January 12, 2023, 6:30 PM EST

Gov. Kathy Hochul speaks to the media.

New York Gov. Kathy Hochul speaks to the media on Jan. 6. (Lev Radin/Pacific Press/LightRocket via Getty Images)

In the same week that the Biden administration reversed course on whether a ban on the sale of new gas stoves is under consideration, New York Gov. Kathy Hochul proposed banning fossil fuel infrastructure, including lines that power gas stoves and furnaces, in smaller new residential buildings by 2025 and in larger ones by 2028.

Hochul, a Democrat, also proposed the same requirement for commercial buildings beginning in 2030. The governor also wants to end sales of new oil or gas heating equipment — boilers, stoves, dryers and hot water heaters — in existing residential buildings by 2030 and by 2035 in existing commercial buildings.

PSYOP-CLIMATE-CHANGE Update: The “Non-Profit” Think-Do Tank Behind The Latest Attempts to Ban Gas Stoves & Usher In The Great Reset​

2nd Smartest Guy in the World
Jan 13

The Rocky Mountain Institute (RMI) is a shadowy “non-profit” think-do tank that advocates for “climate change” policies. They recently released a “peer-reviewed” research study concluding that 12.7 percent of current childhood asthma nationwide is attributed to indoor gas stove use.
It so happens that the RMI can afford to be a “non-profit” precisely because it is in no small part funded by its WEF partner:

more

Hey. The leftists make these retarded rules. I'm just trying to play the game according to them. 🤷

Much ado about nothing.

How BANNING THIS could change Real Estate! (Insanity!)​

Yak Motley
Jan 23, 2023

There is a new bid to make gas stoves illegal. This could change Real Estate as we know it. 11:06

Then why did the CPSC commissioner say that they were considering a ban? The only reason for all this "ado" being raised, is because the bidet admin brought it up.
Trial balloon.

Put this idea out, and judge public reaction.

Generally, the next step is, not to withdraw it, but to adjust the Narrative - the Talking Points, on why this is SO....URGENT.

Expect gas-stove deaths to just explode (no pun). Also expect constant mention in the "news" shows.

Expect, also, word-for-word Talking Point phrases. Like we've been seeing the last eight years.

Trial balloon.

Put this idea out, and judge public reaction.
I know that, and you know that, but the loony left is trying say it's us that started making a big deal out of it. Which is a big fat lie they are telling.

@searcher , why was my post funny?

What I posted is the truth. The CPSC commissioner is the one who started all this "ado", as you call it, about banning gas stoves.

From cnn:

A US federal agency is considering a ban on gas stoves​

New YorkCNN —
A federal agency is considering a ban on gas stoves, a source of indoor pollution linked to childhood asthma.
Richard Trumka Jr., a US Consumer Product Safety commissioner, set off a firestorm this week by saying in an interview with Bloomberg that gas stoves posed a “hidden hazard” and suggested the agency could ban them

@searcher , right there in bold it states that the commissioner is who started all this crap, not those on the Right.

Why do they lie about it, and more importantly, why do so many on the left falsely believe that he did not say what he clearly stated?

@searcher , why was my post funny?

- Not laughing at you personally. Laughing at the situation in general. Actually I laugh at a lot of stuff that's posted. Some of it is funny and some of it is insane. Depends on the topic.

For example:

- Chemtrails falling on my head, is proof the government wants me dead, my skin will soon be turning red, cause the gov wants me dead
- Shills to the right of me, commies to the left, here I am in the middle of you
- The peeps were nestled, all snug in their beds, while visions of Fauci and jab juice danced in their heads

I'm as quilty as the next guy. I do post stuff for a laugh. Who doesn't? But I don't take the crazy seriously.

There isn't going to be a ban on gas stoves. Just more msm & internet madness. Views and ratings.

There isn't going to be a ban on gas stoves. Just more msm & internet madness. Views and ratings.
There already is.

In Gnu Yuck, they're banning new installations by 2030.

I don't know how old you are, friend...I'm 65 and lived through the early-1970s energy hysteria. All of a sudden, the gas utilities were arm-twisted into not accepting new connections...because of a "nationwide natural-gas shortage." Millions of homes were put up in about six years, all-electric.

And INCREDIBLY expensive to heat...to say nothing of substandard kitchen ranges. No doubt many of them were retrofitted in the sane-again 1980s; but that costs huge quantities of $$$$.

Yes, it can happen. Especially with the idiots we have in power positions.

There already is.

In Gnu Yuck, they're banning new installations by 2030.

I don't know how old you are, friend...I'm 65 and lived through the early-1970s energy hysteria. All of a sudden, the gas utilities were arm-twisted into not accepting new connections...because of a "nationwide natural-gas shortage." Millions of homes were put up in about six years, all-electric.

And INCREDIBLY expensive to heat...to say nothing of substandard kitchen ranges. No doubt many of them were retrofitted in the sane-again 1980s; but that costs huge quantities of $$$$.

Yes, it can happen. Especially with the idiots we have in power positions.
Don’t know if this is law yet. But California is leading the way trying to eliminate gas appliances. Also, new homes have to be wired for Electric appliances, EV and solar.

New homes in California are required to have all electric appliances by 2026, according to new government rules, to help reduce the state’s carbon footprint and improve air quality.

The draft framework, published by the California Air Resources Board (CARB) on Tuesday, lays out how California intends to reach “carbon neutrality” by 2045.

That means no more gas-powered furnaces, ovens or other appliances. The same rules will apply to new commercial buildings by 2029.

For existing homes, the state agency calls for 80 per cent of new appliances to be electric by 2030 – once the life cycle of a current appliance ends – with that increasing to 100 per cent by 2035.

So why did the commissioner say what he said? He really said it, but you think peoples negative reaction to him saying it, is the much ado about nothing?

Again, why did he even say it? It's a fact that he did, but only the reaction is an issue?
.....and everyone realizes that they weren't talking about removing them from homes. He was referring to making it illegal to sell new ones and parts for old ones.

I don't know. lol
You can't deduce why the commissioner would say such a thing? Is he known for pulling stuff out his ass and talking shit about stuff he knows ain't real?

I mean, he had to know if they were really contemplating a ban or not. The fact he said it should prove that it was being discussed.

Yet the reaction in the msm is that those reacting to what he said, is the problem.

Back
Top Bottom