GIM2 refugees

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I have been kinda letting the battleships soften up the coast line with artillery before doing a full landing ........seems like they are doing a decent job
I gotcha covered ttazz

Starts spraying the 50cals
gqJCFW.gif

I'm late to this party, buuut... for anyone needing to know...?

I'm confused by the edit button.. Does it go away. Am I going to have to learn how to spell words right the first time I post? :oops:
I don't know about your computer, but mine puuts a red squiggley line under the werd when it's speelt wroong

Like this
Screenshot 2022-10-29 at 5.22.44 PM.png

On a Mac, one merely double clicks on the word (underlined in red) and then right clicks whereupon a dictionary spelling appears.
Try it on a PC?

Like this:
Screenshot 2022-10-29 at 5.25.05 PM.png

Then it's a simple matter of choosing the correct word.

Do North Dakotans make Montana jokes?:)

Native South Central Montanan here. I have worked with a bunch of good guys from ND over the years. Most hailed from the Bismarck, Mandan, Center area. Salt of the Earth people and I’m better for knowing them.

Somewhat, the N.D. Vs. S.D. is more rabid though. Like with most things it's usually good natured, especially since we're midwestern, plus northern, so you never know what state you might be in when you need pulled out of a ditch or to borrow some jumper cables. My goto Montana jokes are "Montana, where the men are men & the sheep are scared." The other gets MN in on it when people ask why it's so windy in N.D. we always say cause Montana blows & Minnesota sucks!

Last edited:
Yeah, that was my intention. I was planning on adding forum rooms as needed to keep things organized. But I am happy to consider suggestions if you would like something specific.

I see you added a few & they look good, I think some I could think of but probably still not that big of a site to add ones for things like Military, or firearms, outdoors etc. Maybe a general survivalist/prepper one. Of course I don't know why there isn't a "Hookers & Blow" on every forum, but that's probably me.

Last edited:
While there may be some that have been locked, I don't recall any threads Bug has locked.

Sorry @pmbug I guessed I jinxed it. Came across one that was. You can also feel to lock my thread on GGWAG since that appears it might end up the same way, which is why I didn't post anymore in it.

Sorry @pmbug I guessed I jinxed it. Came across one that was. You can also feel to lock my thread on GGWAG since that appears it might end up the same way, which is why I didn't post anymore in it.

As long as everyone keeps it family friendly and within forum guidelines, it's fine.

While there may be some that have been locked, I don't recall any threads Bug has locked.
There was a "Girls" thread that lasted all of about 2 weeks before the boys went off the reservation if I recall...?

That pretty well firms up my assumption regarding GIM. There just wasn’t very many active users. @pmbug , have you seen a huge uprising in unique or guest views?

Google Analytics shows that "7 day active users" jumped from ~950/day to about 2,000/day from mid September to now.

Google AdSense shows "page views" jumped from ~50/day to about 400/day rom mid Spetember to now. AdSense ads are only shown to guest traffic (folks who are not logged in).

That pretty well firms up my assumption regarding GIM. There just wasn’t very many active users. @pmbug , have you seen a huge uprising in unique or guest views?
This argues that everyone has migrated...? I haven't been there in a while so not sure who's posting.

Scorp never deleted inactive accounts. @10K users if I recall?

Don't know why. Don't care.

This argues that everyone has migrated...? I haven't been there in a while so not sure who's posting.

Scorp never deleted inactive accounts. @10K users if I recall?

Don't know why. Don't care.
Not exactly but, it does point out that the traffic flow at GIM is a bit disinterested. It was fairly obvious that there were only a couple hundred who actively posted. Probably not even that. I’m sure google has this place as well as GIM at the bottom of the search stack for answers to anything of importance. Therein lies the answer to the GIM demise. Free speech is out. Ears open mouth shut is in. Google will see to it. I’m sure you remember the good old days at GIM. The rise was quite fast. Peaked about the Ron Paul revolution and then the slow fade into obscurity.

Not exactly but, it does point out that the traffic flow at GIM is a bit disinterested. It was fairly obvious that there were only a couple hundred who actively posted. Probably not even that. I’m sure google has this place as well as GIM at the bottom of the search stack for answers to anything of importance. Therein lies the answer to the GIM demise. Free speech is out. Ears open mouth shut is in. Google will see to it. I’m sure you remember the good old days at GIM. The rise was quite fast. Peaked about the Ron Paul revolution and then the slow fade into obscurity.
FWIW gim has been atop a few searches I've done on DDG

Given the way the world is today I think you need to update your avatar Uncle.

That is a nice piece of older kit but I have no inclination to loop a non-powered.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolladen-Schneider_LS4

But perhaps you're right, at least the pic will show right-way up for the 'mericans. 😂

1668500356297.png

PS. For more glider-pron, check out the local offerings of Jonker Sailplanes.

OK. Might as well bore you shitless, and add an amount of thread-drift (apologies).

Condensed version.

A dad and two brothers built a wooden, cloth covered glider in their garage and had many fun times flying it. So much fun was had that the two brothers decided to go and study Mechanical Engineering, with the sole intent of designing and building the best glider ever.

Jonker Sailplanes is the result any many people would argue that they have achieved their objective and are continually doing it even better.

Golden Regards
Uncle

Last edited:
I'm late to this party, buuut... for anyone needing to know...?

I don't know about your computer, but mine puuts a red squiggley line under the werd when it's speelt wroong

Like this

On a Mac, one merely double clicks on the word (underlined in red) and then right clicks whereupon a dictionary spelling appears.
Try it on a PC?

Like this:
View attachment 1886

Then it's a simple matter of choosing the correct word.
I think it is a whole lot easier to learn to spell in the second place.

Drawback: If you are a total literacy fuss-pot like Himself... where I continually find myself going back to tweak spelling, pay some syntax, zip up dangling participles, and so on -- it can be a whole 'nother cross to bear.

That is a nice piece of older kit but I have no inclination to loop a non-powered.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolladen-Schneider_LS4

But perhaps you're right, at least the pic will show right-way up for the 'mericans. 😂

View attachment 3034

PS. For more glider-pron, check out the local offerings of Jonker Sailplanes.

OK. Might as well bore you shitless, and add an amount of thread-drift (apologies).

Condensed version.

A dad and two brothers built a wooden, cloth covered glider in their garage and had many fun times flying it. So much fun was had that the two brothers decided to go and study Mechanical Engineering, with the sole intent of designing and building the best glider ever.

Jonker Sailplanes is the result any many people would argue that they have achieved their objective and are continually doing it even better.

Golden Regards
Uncle

^^^^^^ That right there is what led Your Humble Obdn't &tc to wind up with an IFR pilot's license ^^^^^^

My Beautiful Scottish Witch got us a flight in a glider for my birthday (too many years ago to comprehend). As soon as the tow plane caused us to leave the bumpy grass, she was terrified; I was caught. It opened a whole new world to me.

There were a handful who said when GIM was gone they would go to. I believe Muj was on the list :(

I would have been among them if I could still get in, and just hang out here very partially. I gotta feeling it's not gonna end as Frank intended. Why change lovers in the middle of a screw?

Back
Top Bottom