GIM2 refugees

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

10-2-22:420

tenor.gif

Edit: changed .gif to a better one.

Last edited:
I don't understand why the bear is so pissed over the GIM influx here. Booting GH and Av from being mods seemed really shallow. He is the one who told us we had to find another home.

I always felt like G was a bit more emotionally stable running .info than the bear was at .com. TN Andy gave me a month long vacation once for calling out the bear for his allegiance to a certain unmentionable secret society. (And I liked Andy, too. At another time he donated 5,000 rounds of 22lr ammo for a summer camp I was trying to help out.)

Otherwise the bear himself showed kindness to me once by sending me a minuteman round free of charge just because I didn't have one (still have it). I really resect him for that, and I don't plan on doing anything at GIM that would be disrespectful to his hospitality in hosting us. (I also appreciate his commitment to destroying the database and personal information.)

However, I have a gut feeling that this exodus to pmbug is going to accelerate the shutdown of GIM. Wouldn't be surprised at all if in the weeks ahead he decided to just pull the plug if it looked like everyone had walked out. At the very least he might walk away and let it expire without ever checking back in.

After 20 years as a mod you would have thought he knew at least "I" was "trustworthy"...?

My plan was to continue as we had been going. No reason IMO for all the drama.

The sad part is so much information will fade into the archives. I learned a great deal from all the posters and posts.

After I posted this meme: He called it 'advertising' my posting pmbug's url:

1200-The-pandemic-hasnt-resulted-in-an-exodus-from-California-v2.jpeg

He was pretty adamant about no advertising. After APMEX and JMBullion sponsorship (note: NOT ADVERTISING) I 'get it'. I was merely allowing everyone to have a choice before waiting around for 6 months until he pulled the plug. Why stick around knowing the end is nigh? Better yet, 'Why, tell everyone 7 months in advance?'

I have no ill will toward Scorpio. He did what he thought he had to do and I did the same. Not trying to air dirty laundry. Just clarifying for any who wasn't party to the back room scene.

As Hystack would say: "It's all good!"

Why stick around knowing the end is nigh? Better yet, 'Why, tell everyone 7 months in advance?'

I am glad for the advance notice. At least everyone has the opportunity to find a place, this place and others, before the lights go out at GIM2.
Without the advance notice, we all wouldn't be here right now, no?

My two cents. :)

that satan666 guy made some good points about freedom and such

this board is not exactly the same. close tho

PM Guy should take a look at GIM and see for himself inprovements he could make within software capabilities

this board is not exactly the same. close tho

PM Guy should take a look at GIM and see for himself inprovements he could make within software capabilities

I'm no expert what can't you do?

scott frost fired two weeks early. cost extra 7.5 million

I can do whatever. I don't under stand your angle
No angle you said you can things with GIM you can't do here. Maybe I should have said the board looks exactly like GIM.

Back
Top Bottom