GIM2 refugees

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Looking at my Junk email folder, I see that received a link to “register with purchased upgrades” that I blew by because I was moving too fast. My PP account has been duly charged but I don’t think I have been credited with the upgrades here. Can you help?
The upgrade only kicks in for members in the 'active' users group. You were still in the newly registered group. I moved you manually. The forum should apply the upgrade for you shortly.

OK. If you would like to help me test this... Try adding (copy/paste to ensure exact spelling and capitilization):

GIM2 Refugee

to the occupation field of your profile. It might take 15 minutes or so for the forum to recognize it.

Sorry! Missed this post. It's done. Waiting to see if it kicks in.

If anyone has a problem with the GIM2 Refugee thing I did the same as Jarrod32 did. If you want to give that a go I'd recommend:

Clicking on to your "account details." You should see:

-email
-email options
-your avatar
-"custom title (directly under the avatar) - simply type in GIM2 Refugee in the custom title slot and then click save at the bottom of the page.

Hope this helps.

The upgrade only kicks in for members in the 'active' users group. You were still in the newly registered group. I moved you manually. The forum should apply the upgrade for you shortly.

Actually, looks like I was wrong on that. I'm not sure what happened. I've reached out to PayPal tech support to see if I can get them to resend the notification to the forum.

Custom titles are only for upgraded accounts BTW. When the system recognizes the Refugee text in the occupation field, it should add a banner under your name by all your posts. I'm just not sure how often the software checks for it.

Yeah, I think I made a mistake in the promotion criteria. :oops: I've just changed it. I think the chron job is supposed to run every 20 minutes. Should work this time.

Yeah, I think I made a mistake in the promotion criteria. :oops: I've just changed it. I think the chron job is supposed to run every 20 minutes. Should work this time.

Ah! Yes... cron my dear old friend who will stab you in the back if you are not paying attention. 40+ years in IT (when it used to be called DP for data processing) and I still use cron web sites to check my work.

In. How do I load my avatar? Is that only for subscribers?

O.K. I give up in do you load and avatar and the badge while I'm at it.
I am not tech savvy as most of the Gimmer Refugees know.

O.K. I give up in do you load and avatar and the badge while I'm at it.
I am not tech savvy as most of the Gimmer Refugees know.

Click on your screenname in the upper right corner, click on "account details". Then click on the avatar/image, and it gives you an option to upload another image. You can also change title, location, etc. But only if you have adequately upgraded your membership level.

Ok, Another GIM1 and GIM2 refugee here. Glad to see so many of the old gang here already and I hope to see more of the crew move over.

Thanks PMBug for the new home to help keep all us Gimmers together! I apologize in advance for the craziness that is sure to come, but I wouldn't have it any other way! 😂

Back
Top Bottom