Gold ETF redeemable for Gold Bullion?

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

For my purposes, all ETF's are ponzi schemes, designed to draw in money with the shine of imaginary gold or silver which is held as a small fraction of total deposits. They are then free to gamble with that cash as they see fit. simply reading the prospectus of the big ETF's is enough to scare off anyone.

Sprott's physical etfs are redeemable in the metal and keep 98% of their assets in the metal in vaults in Canada. Not that they are immune to ???, but they seem pretty real as these things go. PHYS and PSLV. They don't track spot as well as the all-paper ones.

DC,
I shopuld have prefaced my comments, as I presume all the folks here are aware that the ONLY ETF's to be fully backed are PHYS and PSLV. The rest are horseshit.

Back
Top Bottom