Health & Wellness - Physical Fitness - Weightlifting

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I Trained Like Muhammad Ali: Here’s What Happened​

Mar 30, 2024

In this video, I attempted to train like Muhammad Ali. That means adding jump rope, heavy bag work, and running to my workouts, every single day. It turned out to be quite a lot!
Reportedly, Ali would run about 7 miles to his 5th Street Gym, then do 10-20 minutes of jump rope, followed by ab training, and many rounds of heavy bag work and shadow boxing. He didn't typically do much sparring but would, instead, allow an opponent to try and hit him while he practiced evasion.
My hope, was that this additional training could help to improve my cardio, give me more energy, and make me faster and looser on my feet. Despite his massive size, Ali moved gracefully and explosively.
Things didn't go precisely according to plan... but you'll need to watch the video to find out more!
Either way, Muhammad Ali is a hugely influential figure whose charisma, sharp wit, and innovations within the sport cement him as a legend.
Is your training inspired by Ali?

19:08

Bodybuilders Eating In The Golden Era 1975 - Pumping Iron​

Apr 3, 2024

Behind the Scenes of Pumping Iron, bodybuilders eating post workout in preparation for the 1975 Mr Olympia. They also discuss the idea of creating a Bodybuilders Union to improve their financial situation and not get screwed by Weider. Enjoy.

8:26

This one's pretty good. Jerry talks about Brian Johnson in a way that had me smiling.

To begin:

Bryan Johnson’s anti-aging Blueprint ‘basics’ are now officially available to the public for $333 a month—but you’ll need the right ‘vibe’ to join the ‘fun’​

Bryan Johnson, the tech entrepreneur-turned-biohacker, is opening the doors to his “secret plan to kickstart our evolution from Homo Sapiens to Homo Evolutis”.

The 46-year-old, who has spent the last year swapping blood with his 17-year-old son, adhering to a strict diet, and taking unproven gene therapy injections in a bid to achieve a biological age of 18, is now offering his fountain of youth formula to the public.

For $333 a month those wanting to follow the maverick entrepreneur's regime can take Johnson’s 'basics' which includes, nutty pudding, extra virgin olive oil, ginger and garlic.

The centi-millionaire founder of Blueprint revealed on X, the platform formerly known as Twitter, that applications are open to try out the 90-day “self-experimentation study”—but be quick, there’s only enough stock for 2,500 people.

More:

Now let's hear what Jerry has to say...............

Nothing to see, can listen in one tab, play around the forum in a different tab.

Bryan Johnson's Blueprint to Live to 200​

Apr 9, 2024

43:19

62-Year-Old Rock Icon Jon Bon Jovi Show Us His Gym & Fridge | Gym & Fridge | Men's Health​

Apr 15, 2024
Jon Bon Jovi takes us into his New Jersey home and at 62, explains how his diet and exercise has changed through out his career - from the beginning days of Bon Jovi until performing on stage today. Sharing details on his recent throat surgery, he tells us what his recovery process has included. His motto is everything in moderation and he explains how he lives by that.

8:17

MEN'S HEALTH SHOWS:Gym & Fridge: • Mark Wahlberg Shows His Home Gym & Fr...
Train Like a Celebrity: • Kumail Nanjiani Shows the Workout Tha...
Eat Like a Celebrity: • Everything Action Bronson Eats For 12...
Men'$ Wealth: • Dwyane Wade on the Worst Money He’s E...
Don't Read The Comments: • Mark Wahlberg Doesn’t Actually #RiseA...

78-Year-Old Ghostbuster Actor Ernie Hudson Shows Off His Gym & Fridge | Gym & Fridge | Men’s Health​

Apr 20, 2024

Ghostbusters star Ernie Hudson takes us into his kitchen and shows off his fridge and takes through his diet staples. Throughout his decades long career, he's been known for his hulking physicality -- one he has maintained all the way through his 70s. Learn how he has modified his workout through the years to keep his body feeling good.

13:01

The Fall Guy's Ryan Gosling and David Leitch Talk Stunts | Don't Read The Comments | Men's Health​

Apr 22, 2024

The Fall Guy's star Ryan Gosling and director David Leitch discuss the art of stuntwork in films. Often overlooked and not given the credit it deserves, they discuss why stuntmen are so important on set and how they keep actors safe. They also highlight some of their favorite stunt sequences from the past year, like Barbie and John Wick.

8:57

This one is a podcast, not much to see (just Jerry and his guest) so I recommend listening in one tab, playing around the forum in a different tab.

Jerry Brainum Interviews Lucas about naturally raising testosterone levels​

Apr 16, 2024

In this video, Jerry Brainum Interviews Lucas Aoun, a ergogenic aids expert, about his personal program to boost testosterone levels to the highest degree without the use of any anabolic drugs. For more information about Lucas, check out his boost your biology YouTube channel. For in depth information about nutrition; exercise science, anti-aging research; ergogenic aids; hormone therapy, supplement science; women's health and fitness and much more, subscribe today to Jerry Brainum's Applied Metabolics, www.appliedmetabolics.com.

1:17:46

Jerry's channel: https://www.youtube.com/@albardo08/videos
Lucas's channel: https://www.youtube.com/@BoostYourBiology/videos

Stunt Legend David Leitch Shows Off Fall Guy Fight Training | Train Like | Men's Health​

Apr 24, 2024

The Fall Guy' Director and former stuntman David Leitch explains what it takes to be a stuntman in Hollywood. He takes us into the facility where the fight scenes in films like Atomic Blonde and Bullet Train were choreographed. He walks us through the grueling training and fight choreography every stuntman or woman goes through to prepare for a role including wushu, Muay Thai, and jiu jitsu.

8:36

The Best of Arnold Schwarzeneggar - Pumping Iron​

Jan 24, 2012

Some Highlights from the famous movie "Pumping Iron." These are some of Arnolds best moments.

12:43

Back
Top Bottom