I'm new to this forum . . . . Hi!

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

N

namechanged

Hi all,

I've enjoyed reading the various threads here, but I'm barely seeing anyone sharing pictures/videos of their bullion. Is that acceptable here, just not really commonplace, or is this forum focused solely on precious metal thoughts/analyses/predictions? Either way I'm glad I found this forum, a lot of good information here I haven't seen in other forums I've found.

Hi, welcome to the forum. :wave:

Most folks here are cognizant of the their OpSec and don't brag or show off their stack. Besides, there isn't much to see when it's all at the bottom of a lake.

It's perfectly acceptable for you to share pics/videos if you want to though. The forum guidelines are pretty relaxed here. We have a good mix of stackers, traders and preppers (and many peeps who are all three to one degree or another).

<redacted>
That's a great nickname. :cheers: But why is ag only in 5th position?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, welcome to the forum. :wave:

Most folks here are cognizant of the their OpSec and don't brag or show off their stack. Besides, there isn't much to see when it's all at the bottom of a lake.

It's perfectly acceptable for you to share pics/videos if you want to though. The forum guidelines are pretty relaxed here. We have a good mix of stackers, traders and preppers (and many peeps who are all three to one degree or another).

Thanks! This is definitely food for thought!

<redacted>
That's a great nickname. :cheers: But why is ag only in 5th position?

LOL I keep getting asked that, but my nickname is just all the precious metals I have (or want in the case of Rhodium) in order, most to least expensive. Ag is my first love, but she's cheap

... in order, most to least expensive. ...

Not a fan of chaos, eh? Are you perchance an engineer? :D

Welcome! Pretty cool buncha chaps here.

And PMBug - #2 kinda is the defining post on the entire board, yes? Only a master can make it clear in so few words (which proves I stink, doesn't it?).

@ <redacted>

Welcome! At some point I too would like to get a rhodium coin (kitco.com and the Cohen Mint (Google...) sell rhodium by the 1 oz).

Of course I'm the kind of guy who would like to get a sample amount of iridium and osmium (latter is the heaviest metal and the rarest non-radioactive metal). Iridium and osmium available (last I looked) at elementsales.com.

LOL I keep getting asked that, but my nickname is just all the precious metals I have (or want in the case of Rhodium) in order, most to least expensive. Ag is my first love, but she's cheap

The price order of metals tend to change; what will do you if platinum reverts to being more expensive as I expect?

Welcome!
:wave:

Ill Post some of my bullion. This is my largest bar. About a pound. does anyone have any info on this bar or its value?? i bought it about 2 months ago for 250 :) i know i did good just dont know if it has any collector value

Attachments

• old silver bar.jpg
    old silver bar.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 9
The price order of metals tend to change; what will do you if platinum reverts to being more expensive as I expect?

Welcome!
:wave:

What would I do?! Sell of course! Oh . . . you mean with my nickname.

@ silvercoinrn

When I was a teenager (LONG ago! early 1970s) the first silver bar I bought was a US Mint stamped bar for some irregular number of ounces (5 point something). I should never have sold that.

Nowadays I just stick with Silver Eagles (for silver), although a great case can be made for junk silver (1964 and before dimes & quarters) for a SHTF.

Someone told me it looks like an old academy. Bar. He said the us used to make them and people traded in their silver certificates for the bars

Back
Top Bottom