Inside the Singapore government's secret gold vault

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

searcher

morning
Benefactor
Reaction score

Here's a look inside the S'pore government's secret gold vault​

It's no secret that the Singapore government's reserves are extensive.

The country has a gold vault that forms just one part of the official foreign reserves managed by the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS), also known as Singapore's central bank.

Vids:

View full playlist

It's not secret anymore. A kilo of gold is in the $60k range and two or three used to buy a small home in the USA.

In my reasoning a decent New car is about 1/10 the price of a decent New Home... So I'd be looking to spend perhaps a 10 oz gold bar on a New car.

I'm not spending that right now but it is a ratio that should likely hold over time. So I've used the fact that I think you will be able to get a new home for 75-100 oz Silver in the future. That means I would expect new cars to go for 10 oz Silver

Back
Top Bottom