Interesting documentary on fiat money...

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Potemkin

Predaceous Stink Bug
Reaction score
Interesting documentary with plenty of unique content you may have not hear so far (not the typical bla, bla, but a historical retrospective):

Although I am currently [simulating] working, I have saved this one for later. Decent intro and it looks pretty good from the small bit I just watched.

I think these guys are missing something when they say history is likely to repeat. There is no historical precedent to having everybody simultaneously connected to a common information source like the internet. There is also no historical precedent to having almost all money transactions handled electronically (and therefore under the complete control of the government and central banks). The next crash is going to be different. Harder to prep for. You would hate to be the guy with nothing but gold coins when the government mandated that all transactions were going to be with blue chip stamps (remember those?). Stay diversified. Be ready for a range of possibilities and not all of them bad. If it's the end of the world you might want to have more champagne and less lead so you can throw a block party. :cheers:

Back
Top Bottom