Jobs, side hustles & life styling for $$$

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I Asked Millionaires How Much Money They LOST​

We interviewed entrepreneurs all over Los Angeles, California asking them how much money they have lost in a year as well as the most amount of money they have made in a year, and asking for their career/life advice. We interviewed entrepreneurs in a variety of industries such as artificial intelligence, real estate, Entrepreneurship, and sports / entertainment. We have a ton of amazing content on the way so make sure you stay tuned for more content soon!

12:41

This one's a bit different. Taylor is a YouTuber living in a high-rise in NYC. Here she's out and about.

NYC VLOG: Day in the Life Exploring the City and Living my Best Life​

Join me as I absolutely gallivant around the best city in the world. @Taykbell→ / taykbell 🐢 Filmed and edited by yours truly. Subscribe for $0 and don't forget to INCINERATE the like button, I'll love you forever.

13:37

Asking Supercar Owners How They Got RICH! (Las Vegas)​

Apr 1, 2024

We interviewed business owners all over Las Vegas asking them how they got rich. We asked them about the most amount of money they have made in a year as well as asking for their career/life advice. We interviewed people in a variety of industries such as Trading, Real Estate, Manufacturing, and Airbnb. We have a ton of amazing content on the way so make sure you stay tuned for more content soon!

14:40

Asking Millionaires How They Got RICH! (New York City)​

Apr 8, 2024

We interviewed business owners all over New York asking them how they got rich. We asked them about the most amount of money they have made in a year as well as asking for their career/life advice. We interviewed people in a variety of industries such as Marketing, Real Estate, Trading, and Franchising. We have a ton of amazing content on the way so make sure you stay tuned for more content soon!

11:59

Self-made millionaire who retired at 35: The first time I felt financially secure, I was ‘living small’ and spending ‘a lot less’​

How much money would you have to make to feel financially secure?

CNBC’s International Your Money Financial Security Survey conducted by SurveyMonkey recently asked people all over the world exactly that, and the answers revealed of how people in different countries think about their finances.

Ask the same to Steve Adcock, and he’ll likely challenge the premise.

“Financial security is not an income amount,” the 42-year-old tells CNBC Make It. “To me, financial security is a time amount.”

More:

This one's pretty good. When I worked, I cut grass and did cleanouts as side hustles, so it hit home. As for the title, YMMV.

This can make you 1000 dollars a day with this!​

Apr 17, 2024
Here are the top ways to make with a truck and trailer.

12:25

Thanks for watching! Check this video out on the Dump Trailer Business!- https://youtu.be/PETn97ZELu4

Asking Atlanta Millionaires How They Got RICH!​

Apr 18, 2024

We interviewed business owners all over Atlanta, Georgia asking them how they got rich. We asked them about the most amount of money they have made in a year as well as asking for their career/life advice. We interviewed people in a variety of industries. We have a ton of amazing content on the way so make sure you stay tuned for more content soon!

13:08

$0-1 million dollars! By Age 37- (I wish I knew this earlier!)​

May 3, 2024

Here is my top thoughts and concepts on growing wealth from 0 to 1 million dollars.

34:23

Check out this video! How not to lose $1000's buying vacant land! - • How NOT to lose $1000's buying Vacant...

Asking Golf Course Millionaires How They Got RICH!​

Apr 26, 2024
We interviewed millionaires on the golf course asking them how they got rich. We asked them about the most amount of money they have made in a year as well as asking for their career/life advice. We interviewed people in a variety of industries. We have a ton of amazing content on the way so make sure you stay tuned for more content soon!

12:00

How I Manage My Money | Income, Investments, Saving (Self-Employed Personal Finance Strategy Update)​

May 7, 2024

13:19

0:00 Major changes
0:56 Income streams
1:23 Corporate job era
4:42 Self-employed era
11:23 Future strategy
12:48 Exclusive behind the scenes

Rental Robert venting a bit.

Being that we are out of control !!!​

May 17, 2024 PENSACOLA

16:54

In this one Rental Robert talks about different side hustles, egos and some other stuff.

best side HUSTLE no money needed

18:01

Truth about Good Debt vs Bad debt!​

May 29, 2024

These are my opinions on good and bad debt.

24:40

Yak hits the nail on the head with this one. Nothing to see, can listen in one tab, play around the forum in a different tab.

6 Reason why you should Pay off your House! (My story)​

May 16, 2024
Here are my thoughts on whether a person should pay off their home. This is my opinion after doing it.

23:11

12 EASY Ways to Live Below Your Means and Save More​

Jun 3, 2024

9:41

Chapters
00:00 Start Here
00:28 Focus More On What You Spend, Rather Than What You Make
01:26 Start Viewing Money As Time
02:19 Know Your Numbers
02:58 Know When More Doesn’t Make You Happier
03:46 Treat Treats As Treats
04:25 Be Weird05:00 Think More
05:39 Surround Yourself With Like Minded People
06:20 Take Advantage of All The Free Things In The World
06:53 Spend Your Own Money…Instead of the Bank’s
07:52 Stop Seeking External Validation
08:36 Increase Your Income

Thank you for that post...

...but I have to wonder: WHY is this so HARD? These are all common-sense approaches. It's a mindset.

Example: I had to take the studded tires off my truck. I have summer tires mounted on separate wheels, came with the truck (used). Having a tire shop simply change the wheels, which used to cost pennies, now is a $100 job. And there's a waiting line...I kid you not, the good shops, even for oil changes and tires, have waiting lines and appointment times. This shop, which does good work, won't take appointments for quick tasks (a headache when people break appointments) so the thing to do is get there early...like, about 0600...and wait around a couple of hours, since there WILL be others in front of you. Some customers come at five or earlier.

Fark that. I just broke out the tools...and aside from some drama finding my breaker bar and torque wrench, it was a mindless pleasant Sunday afternoon in the sunshine. Lift a corner of the truck, unbolt, put the other wheel on, mark everything, air up the summer tires, and, DONE! Cost to me - nothing. Got a little sunburn out of it. Took about three hours, what with searching for wrenches.

I'm trying to lose weight with Intermittant Fasting - one meal a day. No junk. So, the best way is to cook at home - no more deli chicken or clearance specials. My food cost has been cut in half. And I wasn't even patronizing the Fallen Arches.

Long ago I retired all debt - that's a no-brainer. Even with nominally-low interest, I can see how much borrowing that money COSTS. So I live cash-only.

These are all just COMMON-SENSE approaches. Odd that someone could make an Eww Toob career out of just reiterating them.

This one is a bit different. Mike is a merchant mariner who has 3 rental properties. In the 1st vid he rambles on about his feeling on going forward acquiring more rental property.

My Future Real Estate Plans​

May 6, 2024

Lets get into it. Things have slowed down on the merchant marine front for a bit, but the ball keeps rolling and i want to talk about what i got in store for myself and for you guys in turn.

16:41

In this vid Mike talks about looking for property away from his home base (VA.)

Trying To Find My First Multi Family Unit​

May 12, 2024

Whats up everybody i hope you all are feeling good. yes im still in texas and yes im still chilling. I hope you are enjoying this little series. and i hope to inspire as much people as possible. much love everyone.

10:50

Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@MikeMills1/videos

Young Entrepreneur Interviews Millionaire Justin Waller​

Jun 9, 2024

We sat down with Justin Waller CEO of RedIron Construction. If you are looking to pursue entrepreneeurship or just learn about scaling and building a business then this is the perfect video for you. This video is apart of our official Questions With A Millionaire series, so if you enjoyed this video check out some of our other talks with other successful entrepreneurs.

9:18

Do I Regret paying off my House? (6 years later)​

Jun 11, 2024
This is my opinion on whether to pay off your house. It has worked for me!

28:53

Asking Billionaires How They Got RICH!​

Jun 16, 2024

We interviewed wealthy people in varying industries all across Houston, Texas. We visited the fancy shopping centers in Texas and asked people about the most amount of money they have made in a year as well as asking for their career/life advice. We interviewed people in a variety of industries such as Real Estate, Tech, Finance, and Entrepreneurship. We have a ton of amazing content on the way so make sure you stay tuned for more content soon!

13:28

10 Life & Money Lessons From Costco​

Jun 24, 2024

16:18

Timecodes:
0:00 - Intro
0:39 - Slow, Sustainable Growth
2:20 - Embrace Simple
3:35 - Strong Cash Position
5:01 - Try Aura7:06 - Embrace Modesty
8:32 - Maintain Minimal Overhead
9:49 - Know Your Enough
11:08 - FREE 1-Page PDF
11:22 - Every Cent Matters
12:02 - Honesty
13:22 - Respect
14:37 - Not Afraid To DIY

28-year-old left the U.S., relocated to Thailand, and pays $544/month for his 1-bedroom apartment—take a look inside​

In April 2021, Paul Lee took a vacation to Thailand. Five months later, he decided to leave the United States behind and make a permanent move to the Asian country.

Lee, originally from Georgia, had been living in New York City and grossing around $1 million a year thanks to his e-commerce business. Despite doing well enough to pay for his parent’s retirement, the 28-year-old tells CNBC Make It he found himself without purpose, feeling depressed, and needing to make a change.

“When I first arrived to Thailand, I just felt rejuvenated. Everything was completely new to me, and I felt like it was a fresh new start,” Lee says. “The more and more I live here, the more and more I fall in love with the city.”

More:

31-year-old joined the Air Force at 18—now he lives in Italy and has $500,000 saved up to retire in 7 years​

This story is part of CNBC Make It’s Millennial Money series, which details how people around the world earn, spend and save their money.

In 2011, like many 18-year-olds, Darren Thedieck wasn’t sure what he wanted. He thought briefly about studying to become a dentist, “but I was nowhere close to that,” he says. Plus, he was worried about the prospect of racking up student debt.

Knowing he wanted to travel the world and seeking financial stability, he enlisted in the U.S. Air Force, hoping to maybe get into the medical field that way.

Instead, he was encouraged to work in IT — a potentially lucrative field in the private sector — at an E-1 Basic Airman’s base pay of about $1,400 a month.

Thedieck, now 31, is still in the military, and has gotten an awful lot of what he’s wanted ever since.

Travel the world? Check. After basic training and a stint in Las Vegas, Thedieck took assignments in England, South Korea, Germany and his current posting in Aviano, Italy — about an hour’s drive from Venice.

He’s gotten financial stability too. Thedieck has steadily risen in rank and pay over his 12-plus years in the military while dutifully stashing away cash in a variety of investment accounts. Between his base pay and allowances, he pulled in $9,134 in March, which works out to an annual income of about $110,000.

More:

An investment banker quit her job to become a YouTuber and now makes over $1 million​

Personal finance YouTuber Nischa Shah quit her six-figure investment banking job to become a full-time content creator — and it was a gamble that paid off.

After working in banking for a decade, Shah became an associate director at Crédit Agricole in 2022, earning well over £200,000 ($256,000). However, the London-based banker was not satisfied with her career, she told CNBC Make It in an interview.

"It was about nine years into the corporate journey where I had this revelation that this isn't fulfilling me, it's not really challenging me, and it's not intellectually stimulating," she said. "I wanted to find a way to help other people whilst getting paid for it and what I was doing in banking was helping corporations, sovereign governments."

More:

The Side Hustle He Started at Age 15 Led to a $4 Billion Boon for Small Businesses: 'They Would Take a Chance on Me With Their Hard-Earned Money'​

This Side Hustle Spotlight Q&A features Nic Beique, founder of Helcim, a payment processing company used by tens of thousands of merchants — dentist offices, law firms, auto shops and more.
I started my first business when I was 15 years old. I knew how to code and design, so I asked local small business owners if they wanted a website. Many said yes, starting with my barber, the local gym and even the local computer store where I bought parts. I was always shocked when they said yes — after all, I was a random teenager walking into their location.

I saw how hard these people worked to make a living, and I was honored that they would take a chance on me with their hard-earned money. That gave me a sense of camaraderie and loyalty, and I quickly saw myself as a small business owner, too — working hard to build my own small business.

Some of the websites I built turned into ecommerce, which meant finding a way for my clients to accept payments online.

More:

Best way to make and keep money is to run your own business and do not get married. I have at times taken more risk than necessary because I needed to compensate for my partner's lack of fiscal discipline or poor choices. I have generally lost $ doing so. I have also made and lost a million dollars multiple times deviating from a simple plan sometimes out of greed after making several correct calls in a row.

Buy gold and silver. Put it away and do not tell anybody about it. Also, do not let anybody know what are your assets because they may try to take them from you out of spite or greed.

I Asked Wall Street Millionaires How They Got RICH!​

Jul 18, 2024

We visited New York City and interviewed different people all over Wall Street and the streets of New York City. We asked them what the most of money they have made in a year as well as asking for their career/life advice. We interviewed people in a variety of industries such as Construction, Stocks, and Finance. We have a ton of amazing content on the way so make sure you stay tuned for more content soon!

14:30

First rule of the Rich Club is: There is no Rich Club.

Don't ever tell them how you got here. Because we DO NOT WANT the rabble stinking up the clubhouse...

When you think about it, this rule explains a LOT of the legal and social agenda of the Nuevo Riche class. Such as their favoring a confiscatory income tax...they don't HAVE big income, they RECEIVED, past-tense, income. Now they HAVE ASSETS.

Mike is a real estate investor and a seaman who sails MSC (Military Sealift Command.) In this vid he talks about his recent ship and plans for the future.

I'm home | So What happened​

Jul 28, 2024

19:54

From Prison to World Class Detailer!​

Bam Cunningham explains how he went from prison to becoming one of Atlanta's top car detailers.

11:37

I quit my 9-5 5 years ago | never going back​

9:01

That wasn't just a $9 investment. That was $9 per year per domain. He bought them in 2020, so $36 per domain. More if he also purchased one of the identity protection proxy services as well. If he buys 100 domains to cover many possibilities, it can become an expensive bet.

Wasn't that called cyber-squatting, years ago?

I remember a case where an enterprising guy got a website that mirrored the name of a big Cleveland law firm (Jones Day Regus & Pogue) and named the site with the same letters, punctuation moved.

He filled it with nasty lawyer jokes. Jones Day bought it from him, in the end, for tens of thousands of dollars.

Not bad for three hours of work.

You could face a lawsuit if you squat a domain that is a registered trademark, but the domains he was registering were composed of two (last) names and not legally protected.

A millennial who used side hustles to pay off debt explains the lucrative and easy ones she recommends​

• Lisa Ebsworth has made over £1,000 from TikTok's Creator Rewards Program as a side hustle.
  • Ebsworth started with surveys and secret shopping as her side gigs.
  • She talked to Business Insider about those and other potential side hustles.
Lisa Ebsworth, 43, can't imagine a future where she's no longer side-hustling.

She believes there's a good side gig out there for everyone; you just have to find it. She found creating a goal for what to do with the money is "essential," adding that's "because you need to see something for your efforts."

Ebsworth, who lives in the UK, aimed to use her side hustle earnings to pay off outstanding student loan and car debt in a year. She said she did that and is now using her earnings to be "mortgage-free in the next two years."

"I feel like it's become just part of my life now," Ebsworth, who started doing side hustles in March 2023, told Business Insider. "It's so ingrained in me."

Below are some of the side hustles Ebsworth has tried out and her thoughts on each.

More:

Wait until <redacted - see forum guidelines on epithets>-Tok pulls the rug out...the way Gurgle Eww Toob did six years ago, when creators started posting material that didn't please the Woketards or their Globalist masters.

There were suddenly a lot of GenZ types, accustomed to nice incomes, and without them. Everything from random kids to Stefan Molyneaux and George Gammon.

Thanks, I just do not understand these money "hustles". If working and living in a big city is necessary, then GAME OVER! I have always refused to live in a city. It would kill me. My native city of 40K was too much. Four decades ago. It was a shithole when I visited a decade ago.

So what are these great hustles after removing the cities?

Back
Top Bottom