Local bank not able to order NEW cash from the Fed.

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Varmint Hunter

Fly on the Wall
GIM2 Refugee
Reaction score
Last week my better half & I stopped at our bank to ask for some NEW $100 bills for our kids Christmas presents.
The teller immediately told us that they are no longer allowed to order NEW cash bills from the Fed but that she would find us the best looking ones she had.
I responded, "is that because the new CBDCs are coming soon"? She responded, "what's that"?
Anyhow, we must be close to the time when CBDCs will replace cash or operate along with cash.

Last week my better half & I stopped at our bank to ask for some NEW $100 bills for our kids Christmas presents.
The teller immediately told us that they are no longer allowed to order NEW cash bills from the Fed but that she would find us the best looking ones she had.
I responded, "is that because the new CBDCs are coming soon"? She responded, "what's that"?
Anyhow, we must be close to the time when CBDCs will replace cash or operate along with cash.

I suspect that is why we were seeing change shortages the last few years as well. They have probably stopped making any new change.

I've given up trying to educate the pub lick.

They are gonna have to learn the hard way.

I'm actually in good shape here in Montana. We carry GUNS. We drive TRUCKS. I should have moved here thirty years before I did.

I've sold a few k-rands to pay bills (associated with a sudden, forced move and other things). The local PM dealer has a deal with his bank - that bank will cash, to any legitimate holder, checks on his account. I've done it twice. Next best thing to actually getting cash...any place else, they get all (redacted) if you ask for that kind of cash, but not his local bank.

Seems like this might not be a new issue:

Did the bank teller mean that they couldn't order new bills by Christmas or end of year or did she state that they couldn't order period? I'm guessing the teller meant something like the former.

Seems like this might not be a new issue:

Interesting article stating that getting new bills has been a problem for a few years. But I do remember asking and getting brand new bills from our local bank in past years.

Most peeps really don't follow that kind of stuff. It's cash & plastic.
No kidding. Had to deposit some USPS money orders, and the tellers were perplexed. They had to go online and look it up to make sure they were legit.

While they were doing this the guy with the teller next to me was bragging that he sold 30 Peace dollars all graded MS-62 for a total of $375. Said he had asked for $300, but the guy said, "I can do better than that." After he left I mentioned to the teller that the guy got took. Her response, "What's a Peace dollar?" And she looked in her 60s.

Nevermind. "A fool and his money..."

While they were doing this the guy with the teller next to me was bragging that he sold 30 Peace dollars ...

Cash sale? Oh yes Bank employees. I sold them for a fraction of what they are worth. This conversation is recorded, right? Groovy. Might come in handy if the IRS audits me...

Cash sale? Oh yes Bank employees. I sold them for a fraction of what they are worth. This conversation is recorded, right? Groovy. Might come in handy if the IRS audits me...
Well he was explaining why he was depositing $375. Also, didn't seem very bright.

$375 was probably a lot of $ to that fool whereas I was harassed so much by a lender for a few $3500 deposits into my checking account that I swore I would never buy a piece of property with a mortgage again.

Back
Top Bottom