Looking to Add 1/4 oz gold? My Recommendations

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Pyramid

Fly on the Wall
Reaction score
If you are looking to add fractional gold in the 1/4 oz range, here are my current recommendations:
1. 2023 Lunar Rabbit. I believe these will be available for (pre)order next Monday, the 17th. Very good potential premium appreciation IMO.
2. 2022 Great Britain Sovereign. 70th anniversary and platinum jubilee of QEII. Very good potential premium appreciation IMO.
3. 2023 Tudors Beast Yale. Will be the last issue in this series with QEII on the coin. Good potential premium appreciation IMO.
4. 2023 Brittania with QE II. Looks like there will be a series I and series II. OK potential premium appreciation IMO.
----------
If you are looking for lower-premium 1/4 coins, you can probably find them in Roos, Phils, random date Brits, and possibly Maples, but they have no potential premium appreciation IMHO. Then there is the AGE's, forget about that unless you need US coins...the premium is exorbitant. I hope you find this helpful and god luck out there folks.

If you are looking to add fractional gold in the 1/4 oz range, here are my current recommendations:
1. 2023 Lunar Rabbit. I believe these will be available for (pre)order next Monday, the 17th. Very good potential premium appreciation IMO.
2. 2022 Great Britain Sovereign. 70th anniversary and platinum jubilee of QEII. Very good potential premium appreciation IMO.
3. 2023 Tudors Beast Yale. Will be the last issue in this series with QEII on the coin. Good potential premium appreciation IMO.
4. 2023 Brittania with QE II. Looks like there will be a series I and series II. OK potential premium appreciation IMO.
----------
If you are looking for lower-premium 1/4 coins, you can probably find them in Roos, Phils, random date Brits, and possibly Maples, but they have no potential premium appreciation IMHO. Then there is the AGE's, forget about that unless you need US coins...the premium is exorbitant. I hope you find this helpful and god luck out there folks.
I have been very resistant to fractional gold but am understanding the wisdom of purchasing them. Thanks for the quick summary.

Back in the late 1970's and early 1980's that were inflationary times with numerous warnings about the shtf small gold coins were often recommended as they could be easily hideable as well as portable such as in the hem of clothing. I have very few fractionals myself but that old logic is still valid. A case in point was in my neighborhood a Vietnamese military official once discussed how he had bought his families way out of the country; diamonds that were easy to hide and not generally detectable. I can see a place for them someday.

Last edited:
I have been very resistant to fractional gold but am understanding the wisdom of purchasing them. Thanks for the quick summary.
Interesting...

I thought silver filled the fractional void?

diamonds that were easy to hide and not generally detectable.
Do those airport Xray machines 'see' diamonds? Not that one couldn't stuff them in some orifice...

My wife did not want a diamond engagement ring. Instead she wanted a gem stone. I thought I was gonna get off cheap, but it cost me $12k, now probably $20k.

I went out this weekend looking for 1/10oz AGE. For 3 of them they wanted $700 for 1/4oz AGE they wanted $650 or a little bit less. I took the 1/4oz. . I still am feeling like I'd been had. The premiums are high.

Back
Top Bottom