Lots of hedgefunds around my parts are closing their doors..

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

DSAbug

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
This is supposedly one of the main reasons why the resource sector (especially equities) have been suffering over the past 18+ months. Hedgefund Redemptions.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-...al-to-return-client-money-as-fund-closes.html

My biggest client who runs and ETF told me that in addition to Kleinheinz, around 400 other small asset managers are closing their doors this year. Small meaning $10 million or less in assets.

In addition to this.. There is a short china fund with around $50 million fund rumored to be closing it's doors after being down 40% over the last 18 months(which is shocking considering how much the Chinese markets are down over that period.)

The master fund for that China short fund is also in trouble apparently. They are supposed to be closing shop pretty soon. Their manager hit it big by catching the Greek CDS deal (no, not Kyle Bass) and has sense struggled. Tough markets and no one is winning right now.

Investing is not easy when markets aren't "real".

Investing is not easy when markets aren't "real".

Definitely.. What sucks is there are a lot of good managers that have been beaten up pretty bad even though they were "right". The China short idea was a great one. It just didn't pan out for some reason. Maybe they were just resting on their laurels or something after the Greek CDS deal. Usually it's a bad sign when the manager buys a Roles Royce and 3 houses after a winning trade. You'd usually like to see something a little less flashy.

Au contraire, guys, investing is easy!

Our company (Ameru Trading del Peru S.A.) is considering a bond offering. Send us a minimum of $50,000 (which we will use to buy more bearings), and we will pay 5% per year. Come down to Peru and check it out for yourselves!

:rotflmbo:

:wave:

DCRB, I guess Fletch was right... "It's all ball bearings nowadays."

:)

Back
Top Bottom