Man throws away $500K in gold to spite ex-wife

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Sorry nose, I had to spite my face. What he should have done is bury the gold, then borrow every dime he could get on their home, half of which she would be responsible for, then blow it all in Vegas. Hookers and blow would make short work of a fat envelope full of money.

Spite and vengeance can cut both ways.

Exactly, ancona. Hide (very well!) part of it, and say, "Oh, OK, here's my gold!"

Some people just don't think enough. Even gold owners. Yikes!

I hope that our 27 years of being happily married NEVER comes to that. I have seen what divorces do to apparently otherwise rational people, and it often ain't pretty...

EDIT:

OK, I reached 1000 today, enough already! :)

You guys crack me up. There is zero chance he threw the gold away. It's a divorce. There are no rules in a knife fight. :rotflmbo:

You guys crack me up. There is zero chance he threw the gold away. It's a divorce. There are no rules in a knife fight. :rotflmbo:

Good call. Obviously the publicity is his own psy-op on anyone that might have a say in his divorce. By the time it goes to court, everyone will believe he actually threw it away because the papers already said so.

Anyone who really thinks this guy threw away half a mil in gold in a dumpster should PM me. I've got several bridges for sale.

Is it just me, or does it look like the picture of him is a mug shot? Was this guy arrested and charged with a crime? If it all happened before the divorce, I fail to see how a crime was committed. Perhaps stupidity is now considered a tort.

I would hope he buried it somewhere too, but you never know what some people will do in a blind, spiteful rage. Not that I know anything about that though. Why are you looking at me like that?

Just noticed at the end of the article it says he's in jail on an "un-related" assault case. How much you wanna bet the assault was related to who's yard he hid the gold in, only to find it missing?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom