Masters of the Universe, in complete collusion with the Brotherhood of Darkness [Jover for the Euro?

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

ancona

Praying Mantis
Reaction score
So, does anyone really believe the Brotherhood of Darkness can stop the inevitable avalnche of collateral calls on Monday, that will have been triggered by sovereign downgrades Friday?

This should be some damn good theater if nothing else.

What the fuck just happenned? I was typing away.....then BOOM! My post was ALL fucked up, the title is stupid as shit, because what I typed in the dialog box went partially in to the title. Moderators? Please delete this entire retarded, screwed up thread. :rotflmbo:

So, does anyone really believe the Brotherhood of Darkness can stop the inevitable avalnche of collateral calls on Monday, that will have been triggered by sovereign downgrades Friday?

This should be some damn good theater if nothing else.
I´m not so sure that it will be as epic as the crash after the US downgrade, because the downgrades were already public information during yesterday's trading session. Markets fell about 2%, but it wasn't a desaster like after the US downgrade.

What the fuck just happenned? ...

k9ewb5.jpg

:D

Well I don't think it's going to be an avalance on Monday in the US. The market is closed due to MLK day, but Tuesday.... thats another story.

Almost as if planned - give the world markets time to do damage to themselves first, then we either follow or go our own way - as usual. This is seemingly slanted against US-only traders, more and more.

But I did go heavy-short a few things (not PMs!) at the close Fri, we'll see.

Definitely planned to be released just prior to a three day banking holiday weekend. I expect more of these tactics. Epic "strategery".

Yes, this coming week looks to be a lot of fun. But, after the first couple of days, not much happened when WE got downgraded.

One scenario that's plausible to me is that downgrades, Greece scares, Euro-woes, etc. do very little (for now). Keep kicking that can and keep kicking that can. And it will kind-of-sort-of work... Until is doesn't.

And that's why we are here at pmbug. To get ready and egg each other on!

It does seem like what we would think is big news gets released on three day weekends in an effort to stop a knee-jerk reaction from investors.

It does seem like what we would think is big news gets released on three day weekends in an effort to stop a knee-jerk reaction from investors.

That is exactly why they leak the rumor before the 3 day weekend.. Then confirm it prior to the close. And then the actual news is released.

Go back to when the US lost it's AAA... Very similar gameplan.

MOPE.

Derek, et. al.,

You guys have a hell of a lot more knowledge than i do about the markets, because I rely on the internet for my info, and you fellas obviously are active traders. So what the hell should Joe Average do right now? When I talk to they guys in accounting, they tell me to do this and to do that, all of which means putting perfectly good fiat dollars in to some stock or bond fund. When I ask them what their returns were last year, most of them either broke even or made just a few bucks more than a simple savings account. One guy has a stable value fund, and barely eked out 2% after fees and such. All of them described movement within their various funds and it sounded a lot like fee generating churning to me.

I don't want to sound like a complete neophyte, but when i watch movements in various markets, it is patently obvious that some very big players make things happen in whatever markets they participate in, effectively 'controlling the flow' and price of a given stock/fund/commodity.

One need only to look at pre-market volume, which these days is where 95% of the day's movement occurs. As those trades hit the ticker within ten or fifteen minutes of open, shit just drifts around sideways until the 3:30 ramp/dumpathon.

Am I imagining these things or are there others who see the same patterns.

Look at thirty different silver charts from nearly any random day either the day before or the day of options expiry. Organic movement? I doubt it.

Hi Ancona. Here is my 2cents... Diversify, diversify, diversify. There are 6 asset classes: cash & FX, stocks, bonds, real estate, precious metals, jewelery & collectibles. Maintain a minimum 10% exposure to any one asset class and adjust the remaining 40% at lease annually. Also, make sure you are diversified geographically - it will reduce your political risk. Maintain at least 30% in high liquidity assets. Be mindful of the macro, but watch the dailies.
Remember: "Don't keep all of your eggs in one basket". May the force be with you.

... and of course, that's assuming the system doesn't implode tomorrow. That's a different kind of portfolio: That one would be beans, bullets and bullion!

Back
Top Bottom