My ASE's, Maples, Bars etc...

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Renewed Investor

Fly on the Wall
Reaction score
They always drop like rocks when the spot price drops. My Perth and RCM Wildlife coins however don't seem to budge, and actually go up in price despite spot price movements.

I think I will stick to limited mint coins - despite the higher premiums they just seem to be the best investments. I have coins from 2008 and 2009 going for $50+ despite the big drop last year.

IMO, this decision depends in large part on whether you think the petrodollar is headed for disaster or not (or whether you are holding for the long term or not). I would not expect numismatic premiums to survive when there is "blood in the streets" (™ Baron Rothschild) or should precious metals be remonetized.

I think the likelihood of an all out SHTF are pretty slim though. I see this as just another stage in the cycle.

I think the likelihood of an all out SHTF are pretty slim though. I see this as just another stage in the cycle.

numismatic premiums are historically their greatest 6-12 months after the top. They will be finishing their topping process at the same times as the precious metal shares.

numismatic premiums are historically their greatest 6-12 months after the top. They will be finishing their topping process at the same times as the precious metal shares.

Depends what you get. I have some Kookaburras that are going for $70 or more and they get bought up pretty quickly. They date back to 2009 and earlier.

This is why I recomend having a diverse collection of PM's.... both premium coins and generic. If SHTF you are prepared by having oz's stacked, and if not you can fetch a premium on the special issue coins if you decide to sell.

BTW, I do like the Perth Mint Kookaburas and Koala coins. When I see them at the LCS I usually pick them up.

Back
Top Bottom