Nazi Silver?

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Cybrsk8r

Fly on the Wall
Reaction score
I saw some Third Reich silver coins for sale on Amazon. Had the swastika right on it. I was amazed they would sell such a thing.

Silver is silver. I don't care if it has a likeness of David Duke or Satan himself on it, if the price is right, and it contains .999 fine silver, I'm in like Johnny Flynn.

Silver is silver. I don't care if it has a likeness of David Duke or Satan himself on it, if the price is right, and it contains .999 fine silver, I'm in like Johnny Flynn.

LOL@ Ancona!:rotflmbo:

I agree. If the price is right, I would buy some. It is a (bad) part of history and has value for that, as well for the silver. I will say that I am a younger guy and don't have many, if any close ties to people in WWII.

People buy money from Iraq with Saddam on it and confederate money, both of which Could easily be considered or associated with negative times in history.

Last edited:

I almost lost my coffee when I read that... lol.

I agree... I don't care what's on the thing. They all melt just fine. .999 fine. :snidely:

I wouldn't buy it but that's just me, just the bad vibes from it would outweigh any value for me. I mean, if you had a choice why would you want to buy that?

Then you are not buying any, sir! I found them on amazon (not hard, just search "nazi silver") and I found one that had a description of .900 silver. I did not find it on the other few that I looked at, and I didn't see any weights listed. Maybe I was looking at the wrong spot :shrug: I did not see any illinois nazi silver or silver with satan on it.

Since I have a choice to buy it, or not buy it: I wouldn't buy it.

But, if someone handed me a bunch of silver with some design that I took offense to, that silver would soon meet the melting pot. Next stop, the bar mold.

ADK

It's history... I wouldn't destroy it. I definitely wouldn't keep it either.

We associate it with so many negative things but it's still just a piece of silver that has additional value to it. Just sell it, buy the same amount of silver + roll the premium into additional ounces.

Last edited:
it might be potentially more difficult to sell, without melting. Most European countries have laws in place that forbid from selling any Nazi-related stuff, including memorabilia (? hope that's correct English word). I don't know about the US, though.
I am surprised, that they are selling it through Amazon - most probably, just slipped through the cracks, I think.

I avoid it. I want only silver that is name brand. I have enough clutter here.

The word "swastika" comes from the Sanskrit svastika - "su" meaning "good," "asti" meaning "to be," and "ka" as a suffix. The swastika literally means "to be good".

by getting all righteous about a mere symbol we create the darkness that is now associated with it.

The issue is can you cash it in - in a timely manner. If you have to pause and think- then this is vanity silver... and not an investment.

...I think it is Nazi who created all the darkness surrounding swastika, otherwise completely different meaning symbol - not us, being righteous around it...

They introduced a good symbol to western world, and associated it with their atrocities in our memory, forever.

There's nothing wrong with the symbol (shape) itself. What is very dark, is it's symbolic meaning for all the nations, that suffered the "untermennsh" ("sub-human being") treatment, under this banner. That's it...

Wysyłane z mojego GT-I9100 za pomocą Tapatalk 2

But the point of stacking it to have trade-able silver.

Some will not take this in trade. So this falls under vanity coins.... coins for pretty. Yes- I own a few coins for pretty- but this is for my amusement. Not to expect a trade out of.

If you cant redeem your stack- you have no stack.

But the point of stacking it to have trade-able silver.

That is a very strong assumption. Do I ever think we will go full barter? No, but I have been wrong before. If we hit that situation, "money" wll be "money." Would you not take a $100 bill if it had dirty pictures drawn on it? You wouldn't have to look hard to find someone that would, and they will be $100 richer for it.

The nazi silver will have silver value and historical value. I can definitely see how it would turn people off, but it would also be worth a premium to others.

Mark Dice tried to sell a gold coin- and no one bit. $50. No one bit.

Mark Dice tried to sell a gold coin- and no one bit. $50. No one bit.

I'll gladly barter *stuff* with people, in exchange for their worthless PM. I have plenty of SHTF *stuff*... :)

All-in-all... I don't care what's written on it. But, the price is way over spot, so I'm not buying.

ADK

Back
Top Bottom