Nearly 100 confirmed dead in Maui wildfire, search efforts continue

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

searcher

morning
Benefactor
Reaction score

Nearly 100 confirmed dead in Maui wildfire, search efforts continue​

Aug 14, 2023

5:59

Almost 100 people have been confirmed dead and many are still missing after a devastating wildfire swept through Hawaii's Maui island last week, the deadliest U.S. wildfire in more than a century. CBS News' Jessica Kartalija spoke with survivors in Maui and Todd Jones, national spokesperson for the American Red Cross, joined CBS News with an update on recovery efforts.

What kind of fire can obliterate that building and the one next door doesn't even have a mark? Lol. The trees fared better than most, must have more in common with cockroaches.

Lots of roadblocks. ONLY FEMA and the RedCross allowing aid. Maui planned to be a 15 min city. Yeah, I think I've read this story before and know how it's gone. Where is that guy around here who can sniff out the BS again?

Locals reporting that the numbers are probably at least 10x what the MSM would be reporting.

Last edited:
Somebody wanted a vacant lot or to clear the whole island. The story will reveal itself when you see who buys up the property after sticking it to the insurance companies.

Somebody wanted a vacant lot or to clear the whole island. The story will reveal itself when you see who buys up the property after sticking it to the insurance companies.

Oprah already bought like 600 acres on the island. The locals were holding out and it was a "historic" town which meant no new developments. Well guess that is out the window now, how convenient.

Maui 'is not for sale': Survivors say developers want to buy land where their homes once stood​

KAHULUI, Hawaii − Tammy Kaililaau's home of 20 years burned to the ground. People she knows burned in the fire, too.

Less than a week later, she said she got a Facebook message from someone in real estate. Residents have been warning each other on social media that developers may try to buy their land, so Kaililaau ignored it.

"Why are they doing that? You know, people burned in the fire," she said Monday.

"It's hard. It's rough, really rough," she added.

More:

Saw some videos posted on Rumble. Locals took photos of boats anchored several hundred yards offshore and all on fire. Also, the fire got so hot that it melted aluminum auto rims into a puddle. Yet, trees just a few feet away from the cars were untouched.

The fire in California a couple years ago looked the same. (Was it Greenville?)

Both cases looked like directed energy weapons or something.

Hawaii Governor Issues Warning to People Buying Maui Wildfire Victim Land​

Hawaii Governor Josh Green issued a warning to investors and realtors that have approached Maui residents in an effort to purchase their land that has been damaged by the devastating wildfires on the island.

"I've reached out to the Attorney General to explore options to do a moratorium on any sales of properties that have been damaged or destroyed," Green said in a press release. "Moreover, I would caution people that it's going to be a very long time, before any growth, or housing can be built. And so, you would be pretty poorly informed if you try to steal land from our people and then build here."

More:

Saw some videos posted on Rumble. Locals took photos of boats anchored several hundred yards offshore and all on fire. Also, the fire got so hot that it melted aluminum auto rims into a puddle. Yet, trees just a few feet away from the cars were untouched.

The fire in California a couple years ago looked the same. (Was it Greenville?)

Both cases looked like directed energy weapons or something.

Trying to think of what energy could do that sort of thing. Probably not a visible wavelength laser. Waaaay too obvious and should burn everything. Not sure how you target modern materials like metal and glass but leave trees.

I'm thinking Infrared or perhaps more likely a Microwave like weapon. It's almost like this thing targeted metal. So that might be something that causes induction like heating.

It was probably a photon torpedo.

This article has a video of the boats out in the ocean on fire and something about the energy weapons.
Unsure if totally true, but interesting.

Certainly not. The Klingons use Polaron torpedoes. The Romulans and the Cardassians (no relation to Kim) use plasma torpedoes.

I knew that wasn't right, details are not my forte. For as many episodes I've seen I still have very little knowledge of the plot, mostly with DS9.

Hawaii Governor Issues Warning to People Buying Maui Wildfire Victim Land​

Hawaii Governor Josh Green issued a warning to investors and realtors that have approached Maui residents in an effort to purchase their land that has been damaged by the devastating wildfires on the island.

"I've reached out to the Attorney General to explore options to do a moratorium on any sales of properties that have been damaged or destroyed," Green said in a press release. "Moreover, I would caution people that it's going to be a very long time, before any growth, or housing can be built. And so, you would be pretty poorly informed if you try to steal land from our people and then build here."

More:

As usual with these evil two-faced bastages that is mis-leading. They are blocking sales because the government is just going to claim it as theirs.

Survivors of Maui fires set up their own aid network as trust in government falters​

WAILEA, Hawaii — One week after wildfires roared across Maui and devoured their property, residents who have called this island home for generations were watching over the ashes.

Distrustful of the government's response to a tragedy that has already displaced hundreds of families and fearful of outsiders' swooping in to take their ancestral homes, they were organizing their own relief efforts to get food and supplies to people who are unwilling or unable to venture far from their destroyed properties.

"We are taking charge," Maui County Council Vice Chair Keani Rawlins-Fernandez said Tuesday.

More:

Survivors of Maui fires set up their own aid network as trust in government falters​

WAILEA, Hawaii — One week after wildfires roared across Maui and devoured their property, residents who have called this island home for generations were watching over the ashes.

Distrustful of the government's response to a tragedy that has already displaced hundreds of families and fearful of outsiders' swooping in to take their ancestral homes, they were organizing their own relief efforts to get food and supplies to people who are unwilling or unable to venture far from their destroyed properties.

"We are taking charge," Maui County Council Vice Chair Keani Rawlins-Fernandez said Tuesday.

More:

Good, and the more government goons you push out of the way in the process the better.

One Conspiracy Theory confirmed even by the MSM.

"Access to the main highway — the only road leading in and out of Lahaina — was cut off by barricades set up by authorities. The roadblocks forced Cicchino and the line of cars onto Front Street.

The "authorities" blocked people from leaving on the main route. Should have just run them over.

Last edited:
That also makes it MUCH more likely it was a premeditated attack. NO response from other first responders but they already had the roads blocked. Bull fucking shit

Looks like a fire blew through there to me. Plenty of burnt up trees. You guys are always looking for a conspiracy when there isn't one. Have you never seen a fire before? Plenty of fires everyday happen across the US. one house burns and the house next door is fine, including the trees. LOL.

Looks like a fire blew through there to me. Plenty of burnt up trees. You guys are always looking for a conspiracy when there isn't one. Have you never seen a fire before? Plenty of fires everyday happen across the US. one house burns and the house next door is fine, including the trees. LOL.

There was definitely a fire.... no question there.

Sure, case closed after 4 days. While they say it takes months to investigate one home blowing up around here.

I will say that one roadblock looked more like incompetence than full on preplanned impassible block.

This is really good to see as the locals have set up their own support camp and Kicked FEMA the f out.

Hormel sends 5 truckloads of Spam, a popular favorite in Hawaii, after Maui fires​

Five trucks carrying about 264,000 cans of Spam are headed over to Maui, to provide relief to victims who were devastated by the wildfires that broke out on Aug. 8.

Hormel Foods Corporation, the maker of Spam, which has had a decades-long popularity in Hawaii, has donated cash and product worth $1 million to help wildfire victims, they said in a press release.

According to Hormel, the Hawaiian community consumes more than 7 million cans of Spam products every year, more than any other U.S. state.

Back
Top Bottom