Ohio Precious Metals (OPM)

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Mr_BimmerLV

Fly on the Wall
Reaction score
Hi there....

I have a question....

I'm usually on Provident Metals alot...and I always seem to notice the 1 oz Bars from "Ohio Precious Metals" or OPM.

They say the bars are recycled from computer junk or other stuffs and are .9999 Fine.

What does everyone think about them???

I was thinking of adding a few bars to my collection.

Thank you!

I think they are neat as well. They I have considered getting a handful. They have a low premium, a neat design, and a cool story.

Edit-Provident is the only place I have seen them and I have not done a lot of research. I am still fairly new to this, but IMO, there is no reason to not get them, especially at a cheaper price.

Last edited:
Apmex and Tulving sell their 100ozt bars from time to time (when supply is scarce and they can't find bars from better brands):

http://www.pmbug.com/forum/f13/ntr-ohio-precious-metals-merge-companies-767/

As long as markets are functioning, they will likely be less desirable (lower premiums?) than better known brands. When TSHTF, silver will be silver and brands won't mean much (aside from possibly trusting the purity of the bar without assaying it).

Back
Top Bottom