Please give me your feedback on how to improve pmbug

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

pmbug

Your Host
Administrator
Benefactor
Reaction score
United-States
I welcome any and all comments and suggestions about the site.

Is it working correctly?
Does it look OK (visually)?
Do you have questions about the site that I should explain somewhere?
What features would you like to see?
etc.

What do you (logged in members) think about the charts on the homepage? Is there a different chart that you would like to see there?

Hi PMBug!

The only thing I would like to have you change would be to allow avatar pictures to be larger files, mine is pretty big (it is the same one as my ZH avatar). In fact it was bigger than ZH allowed (at least then), but they took it.

It is about 500 MB (?), which is kind of big for a picture from three or so years ago.

Last edited:
Your image can probably be resized. Send it to me in an email and I'll see if I can help you out.

Will do. Do you like the metals table and gold/silver charts better than the interactive graphs I had up there before?

Actually, I would not change a thing. I like to see the kitco widget showing prices of platinum and palladium, since I have some of each, it is easier for me to do some quickie calculations to see what all my PMs are worth...

Hey, another idea. Maybe you could open a thread so that we users can write about ourselves and our interests. It might help collect more viewers to your site.

For example, in addition to gold I am interested in rolling bearings (duh), Peru (my wife is from Peru and we have a bearing import company there), databases and statistics. Among other things.

I am going to guess that if you get to a critical mass here, then your pmbug.com could start growing nicely. I found that it was really hard at first to get ANYONE interested in my blog, and still have pretty low traffic. One big thing in YOUR favor is that you let your members pontificate... As the community grows, the "Network Effect" might kick in: that people interested in gold, survival and whatever else will feel at home... And your members will bring in others who are their friends...

For now, everyone is welcome to post introductions or expound on "off topic" interests in the STS forum. Just use the "New Thread" button there to start a new thread. :)

If we get enough members posting introductions or threads on similar interests, I will create dedicated forum rooms to keep things organized and tidy. I didn't want to overwhelm the site with lots of empty forum rooms to start out.

I would recommend an "Introductions" board for new people such as myself to introduce themselves.

Will do. Do you like the metals table and gold/silver charts better than the interactive graphs I had up there before?

I probably found this site too late to see the interactive graphs, but I absolutely love the 24 hour gold, silver and dollar index charts when I click the PM Bug link.

Thanks a lot for these charts.

I will have to look around for a silver nugget, but in the meantime, I just now added a few new smilies (and replaced the code for the gold nugget to show the new gold bars - the nugget has a new code associated with it):

:gold:

:silver:

:flushed:

:beer:

I had quick access to those images. It would take some time to make an icon from a silver nugget image.

flail.gifRe: improvement. Do we already have all the intelligent, rational people on earth here? With my often dim view of the race, could be, nearly. Ow.

Here's a couple more little gifs for the smilie collection if you want them.
flail.gifjudge.gifrimshot.gif

And a couple too big for that I nevertheless find amusing around the place.
This one I blew up and put on the fusor:reallydangerous.gif
And this one goes with my carry gun:
scarylaser.jpg

More later if you want 'em, that's the limit for one post.

OK. Added the smaller ones. I really like the :flail:

:)

Me too, the flail reminds me of the market action pretty often. I have a bunch of these, I tend to grab any that I find funny at the time, for use later. I've not yet added too many to my own board yet, kinda waiting for the moment - some of my members are a little "stiff" at times.

Rats, my animated gif loop of a crowd applauding won't fit (99.7kb) here.
But of course, today's market was more like this:
partymachines_robots.jpg

Ok this is probably just me being thick ..........

but when I arrive on the website, all I seem to have access to, is recent comments /posts.

Now I have occasionally stumbled upon 'bunker talk' so must assume there are groups of postings lurking under sub headings, there just doesnt seem to be any obvious route to em, otherwise I would expect / hope that there might be more interest in , for example, survival / bugouts / alt living .......

Is this what youy see in the address bar when you get to the site?

http://www.pmbug.com/forum/

ah ha !
this is what Ive saved in my 'favourites' list -

http://www.pmbug.com/

I guess I ought to change it ...........

Is this something any newbie might do, or have i managed to be 'special'

as in 'special needs' :paperbag:

cos all I had to do was click on Precious Metals Forum ........ Doh, how did I miss that !

Last edited:
Hello PMB,
I just wanted to mention that the ticker tape that scrolls across the top of the screen takes precedence over (floats in front of) the window that pops up when you click the "Search" button.

You can still type in the Search Entry Field, but the text is hidden by the ticker tape.

i just wanted to thank you for your efforts in this website.
it is much appreciated!

Hello PMB,
I just wanted to mention that the ticker tape that scrolls across the top of the screen takes precedence over (floats in front of) the window that pops up when you click the "Search" button.

You can still type in the Search Entry Field, but the text is hidden by the ticker tape.

You are right. I noticed it too. I'll see if I can re-locate it so it isn't in the way.

OK, I got the ticker moved. Now I need to resolve the issue with the "Like tree" floating over the search box. Working on it...

How about smilies of Bernanke/Krugeman (I swear they are the same guy...) with a crazy look in their eyes? There were some great "moar stumulus" memes over at RPF in some thread, but I can't seem to locate it.

lol. I'll see what I can do when I get some time.

Hey pmbug: I propose putting this little video on the site. It's an introduction on the consequences of SOPA and it contains Ron Paul's warning about the bill.

Last edited:
I just added a statement to the forum with a link to the EFF's action page. Posting videos up there take up a lot of real estate and make using the forum unpleasant (too much scrolling required).

I just added a statement to the forum with a link to the EFF's action page. Posting videos up there take up a lot of real estate and make using the forum unpleasant (too much scrolling required).
Ok. I didn't know that. I use 30 inch screens...

Back
Top Bottom