PM Bug gold and silver discussion forum would like your permission to enable push notifications.

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I'm not sure why it would continue to show up after you click 'no' unless you are blocking cookies (that store that information). I think incognito mode does that automatically if you are using a phone/tablet.

That said, you can go to your account preferences page: https://www.pmbug.com/account/preferences

and disable Push Notifications. If your account is already set for disabling push notifications and you are still getting the pop-ups, let me know and I will contact Xenforo tech support.

Brave blocks cookies...

this is what I had to do (so far)...

Push notifications were unblocked... btw

Screenshot 2023-04-27 at 11.49.01 AM.png

Each 'Push' below was 'shadow' checked (see red box) and to uncheck them I had to first check Alert, then uncheck Push, then uncheck Alert.

Screenshot 2023-04-27 at 11.43.33 AM.png

FYI - Alerts provide feedback in the little bell icon of activity that you select. I would recommend using alerts even if you don't want push notifications.

FYI - Alerts provide feedback in the little bell icon of activity that you select. I would recommend using alerts even if you don't want push notifications.
Why? Statistics?

Just curious why this keeps popping up all the time?

I killed it (said no) and it keeps showing up.

I see no reason to have push notifications from any app. They're a PITA.
I have to kill it every couple of days.

I keep on getting email spam, too. Even though I've set decline-notifications every way I've found and been told.

Not blaming Mr. Bug here - it's the technical end. The problem of our age is, these autistic tech geek-creeps seem to think they're gods, and know better than anyone else. I'm really getting sick of it.

FWIW...........alerts are good. Lets you know if someone replied to anything you posted. Could be a quote, could be a like (thanks) or what ever. This way you'll know what's going on.

As for email notices..................got rid of that quick. Easy to do. Just look around on your account page. Pretty much self explainatory.

FWIW...........alerts are good. Lets you know if someone replied to anything you posted. Could be a quote, could be a like (thanks) or what ever. This way you'll know what's going on.
Meh, I don't care if anyone replies to anything I post.

I'm not worthy....

When you dismiss that pop-up notification, the forum uses a cookie to remember your dismissal. If your browser is deleting that cookie, the forum is going to prompt you again. Adding pmbug.com to your list of sites that can always use cookies should prevent the forum from activating the notification repeatedly:

How To Navigate To The Cookies Settings Menu​

1. Click on the Menu icon in the top right, and go to Settings
  2. Select Additional settings → Privacy and Security → Cookies and other site data

List Of All Sites That Block, Allow Or Clear Cookies​

At the bottom of the cookies settings page, you will see three lists:
  • Sites that can always use cookies
  • Always clear cookies when windows are closed
  • Sites that can never use cookies
These cookie settings are only related to the respective site. And override the default cookie settings from above.

To add a site to a list, click Add, enter the URL and click Add once more.

I'll give it a look. However, I have all the shields 'down' for Brave on PMBUG.com

Here is what I have in Brave for all sites:

Screenshot 2023-05-04 at 8.32.25 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-05-04 at 8.32.32 PM.png

all of these below are unchecked

Screenshot 2023-05-04 at 8.32.38 PM.png

Suggestions?

I have never used the Brave browser and am unfamiliar with "shields" or how it manages the various cookie settings, but you are seeing the push notification message because the cookie that records your disinterest is being deleted.

Back
Top Bottom