PMBug Moderation (team)

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

PMBug moderators have volunteered to help enforce the forum guidelines. Accepting a moderator position here does not require them to adhere to any specific beliefs, or to espouse any specific beliefs in the forum.

I actually made a conscious decision to invite folks to the moderating team that have very different (opposing in many respects) viewpoints to ensure that we do not end up with an unbalanced hand in addressing the community.

I actually disagree with a lot of what @Goldhedge posts in the forum, but he's always been reasonable on a personal level and I appreciate his efforts to help the community here (as a moderator doing moderator things).

In that thread you admit “it’s coming all over your face” was a garbage post. So moderators are doing a good job with posts like that?

A Q cult member should not be a moderator. Moderators moderate. They don’t push Q bullcrap on posters
Why you no believe your fellow Americans should have the Right to hold and express their own beliefs, same as you enjoy?

Or do you only extend that Right to those whose beliefs you also share?
....and if you think something someone has posted is bullcrap, you should post why you think that. It's your Right.

I used to hear a phrase around America all the time (although not so much lately) that goes something like, I may not agree with everything you say (or believe), but I'd die defending your Right to say it.

Perhaps you too remember hearing that long ago?

Or possibly not.
...but imho, America could use a whole lot more of that attitude today.

As for the Q stuff, I've never really followed it. Only seen a little of it from others posting references to it. Mostly just scroll by it. Not so much into riddles, but others can like it if they want. It's their Right.

@andial , why does it bother you so much? To be honest, I read more about Q from you than pretty much anyone else on the board.

A Q cult member should not be a moderator. Moderators moderate. They don’t push Q bullcrap on posters
Again this isn’t about free speech. This is about me posting a thread about a Q cult leader who used to claim JFK was going to rise from the dead, JFK jr. faked his death. He died recently and his followers refuse to believe he has died pretty funny stuff. It triggered Goldhedge (who is a Q cult member) to respond that Q “is going to come in your face!” Borderline bullshit response from a regular poster but not acceptable for a moderator.

Again this isn’t about free speech. This is about me posting a thread about a Q cult leader who used to claim JFK was going to rise from the dead, JFK jr. faked his death. He died recently and his followers refuse to believe he has died pretty funny stuff. It triggered Goldhedge (who is a Q cult member) to respond that Q “is going to come in your face!” Borderline bullshit response from a regular poster but not acceptable for a moderator.
this is why you know absolutely NOTHING about Q.

Q NEVER EVER said the above and even REFUTED it when an Anon asked the question. Then the media jumped all over that to make Q sound crazy (just like you in fact!).

That you spout this nonsense as 'Q' just shows you're shilling for likes - or something?

Give it a rest.

Yep it struck me as unacceptable from a mod. However, not surprising. Wasn’t that long ago that he, as a mod was busted out for changing someone’s post at gim to read “I suck dicks” or something to that effect if memory serves.

Thought he was slick but Scorp outed him.

Folks, please discuss the Q stuff in the Q thread. I separated Andial's post for this thread to address the role of moderators here on this site.

... Wasn’t that long ago that he, as a mod was busted out for changing someone’s post at gim to read “I suck dicks” or something to that effect if memory serves. ...

I don't know anything about that, but any mod abusing their powers/status in such a fashion here on this site would be unacceptable.

... i currently use the ignore feature for such .....is there a issue with that ??
No issue. I purposefully configured the forum so it would be possible. You can ignore a mod's posts, but the moderator team still has full access to perform moderating duties as necessary.

Yep it struck me as unacceptable from a mod. However, not surprising. Wasn’t that long ago that he, as a mod was busted out for changing someone’s post at gim to read “I suck dicks” or something to that effect if memory serves.

It get’s worse the guy is in his seventies and he acts like that.

I didn’t even realise he was a mod here until like a month ago. Somewhere Scorpio is laughing.

I know what a Q Tip is ... and where it doesn't belong...

everyone take a deep breath , hold for a few seconds , then exhale

puff , puff , pass

Much simpler times - compared to today. Knew how to dress, good wheels, golden era of shortwave, whole lot more good stuff.

Anyone notice anything about the dancers? It was normal back then - not so now. Any idea what I getting at? C'mon........take a guess.

everyone take a deep breath , hold for a few seconds , then exhale

puff , puff , pass

Correct me if I’m wrong spinalcracker but you guys have been getting your fair share of rain this summer? Good to see, I hope you weren’t getting the misses on the hit and miss rain nothing more frustrating for me than watching some dark clouds coming my way only for them to dry up as they pass by.

Correct me if I’m wrong spinalcracker but you guys have been getting your fair share of rain this summer? Good to see, I hope you weren’t getting the misses on the hit and miss rain nothing more frustrating for me than watching some dark clouds coming my way only for them to dry up as they pass by.

LOL ....prob not the thread for weather....but your experience matches ours....first rain in over a month last night ....many times could watch spotty showers roll by within a few miles

indeed

the Big Sandy creek was flowing with water , last time that happened was like 9 years ago

IMG_5019.jpeg

IMG_5020.jpeg

IMG_5021.jpeg

LOL ....prob not the thread for weather....but your experience matches ours....first rain in over a month last night ....many times could watch spotty showers roll by within a few miles
We can talk about the weather Ttazzman remember “ I have not yet begun to be patient!”

Rain clouds drying up as they pass you by?
Yeah easy way to raise my blood pressure, my wife knows not to say anything.

We can talk about the weather Ttazzman remember “ I have not yet begun to be patient!”

Rain clouds drying up as they pass you by?
Yeah easy way to raise my blood pressure, my wife knows not to say anything.

yep....dry up on approach or miss completely ....we are a year now into very low moisture....right in the middle of the country

PMBug moderators have volunteered to help enforce the forum guidelines. Accepting a moderator position here does not require them to adhere to any specific beliefs, or to espouse any specific beliefs in the forum.

I actually made a conscious decision to invite folks to the moderating team that have very different (opposing in many respects) viewpoints to ensure that we do not end up with an unbalanced hand in addressing the community.

I actually disagree with a lot of what @Goldhedge posts in the forum, but he's always been reasonable on a personal level and I appreciate his efforts to help the community here (as a moderator doing moderator things).
i mean nothing untoward any involved in this and am simply seeking to highlight a point regarding social psychology "power" dynamics.

What is "power"?

Is it an actual thing?

Is the old saying true, that "power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely"?

Is a man "powerful" merely by socially perceived "authoritativeness" premised upon supposed consensus acceptance of such being so?

Is a homeless beggar "powerful"?

Is the Word "powerful"?

In social contexts it is abundantly known that those whom seek to dominate others generally are of variably predatory core character very motivated towards socially dominant positions of Responsibility—which are equated in the minds of the predatory as not Responsibility but "Power" for them to wield.

Those who are non-predatory, typically reject such social positions of Responsibility due to the recognition that such is a significantly burdensome social tool, and not a frivolous toy or weapon with which to signal their imaginary subjective belief of superiority above others.

Any who seek socially "authoritative" positions of any kind,...be very wary of that individual.

Plato's Philosopher King concept comes to mind.

IMG_20230627_203018.jpg

Folks, please discuss the Q stuff in the Q thread. I separated Andial's post for this thread to address the role of moderators here on this site.

I don't know anything about that, but any mod abusing their powers/status in such a fashion here on this site would be unacceptable.
Did you investigate?

Edited my reply by moving it to the qball thread.

Last edited:
Political talk moved to the elections thread. This thread is about the forum moderation.

Ghosts in the machine... I just know it!

We've been invaded!

Back
Top Bottom