pmbug offline????

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

rblong2us

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
so what happened to the forum these last few days, Bug ?

Ive missed everyone ...........

I was wondering the same thing. It was looking like some sort of host server issue from y end.

back online

Any word on why the forum was down for a couple of days?

From my side it looked like a server problem, but I'm no expert. I got worried that we were hacked or "Gibsoned".

Oh wow! The site is back up again.

pmbug is running on a dedicated, owned server. However, the server is situated in a colo center. The folks who manage the server for me moved the server from its original colo center to a new colo center on Thursday night. I don't know what exactly happened over the weekend that caused the site to become unavailable. I've been communicating back and forth with the server people and it's not clear yet. Best guess is a caching issue when they updated their DNS server/record.

I was unable to access the site all day yesterday for example while some of you were apparently able to reach it.

Thank you Bug.

I was a bit worried that you might have given up on us as its all a bit quiet these days.

I guess when something real happens that cannot be papered over we will all be offering our expert advice here (-;

No way I'd pull the plug like that. I haven't been posting a lot lately mostly because I've been rather busy with work stuff.

Most of the issues I'd normally post about are still happening (macro view / geopolitical). The wheels grind away.

Back
Top Bottom