Posting YT videos

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Goldhedge

GIM2 Refugee
Reaction score
Here is a #forum_tip

A gentle suggestion is to take the extra second it takes to also post the name/title of the video.

As we all know YT censors stuff and once that happens we get a 'Video Not Found' or the like.

With the title we can search the net, or rumble, et al and sometimes get lucky!

This below is for YT... every so often folks are halfway through a video and think "Hey! I bet the forum would appreciate this." so they copy the URL.

With YT that also copies the timestamp where you are in the video, so when someone clicks on the video posted they too 'start' halfway through it.

It is handy IF you want to start at that point in the video however. If so, you would choose #1 and #3.

To avoid that... choose just below the video #1 & #2.

You'll also notice the social media icons FB, TWTR, Email etc. which can be chosen to auto send it there w/o having to copy link and log into those places.

Screenshot 2022-11-22 at 8.43.39 AM.png

Shame I am not a member of any of the programs above. Just a lurker, and if I see something I think my friends & associates will like I copy the stuff in the Search Bar. Most of the time what ever the producer wrote as the title I'll use as the opening line.

With YT that also copies the timestamp where you are in the video, so when someone clicks on the video posted they too 'start' halfway through it.
If you copy the URL out of the address bar and paste into a post, it won't do that.

If I want it to start at a certain point, at that point in the vid I right click on the vid and select "Copy Video URL At Current Time".

Back
Top Bottom