QE3 or no QE3

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Whether 'tis Nobler in the mind to suffer
The Slings and Arrows of outrageous debauchment,
Or to take precious metals against a Sea of fiat troubles,
And by opposing end them: to save, to keep

Nice twist on a classic peice, PMShakespeareBug.

I had to look this one up, since you did not start it with "To be or not to be"!:)

Bring it man! Bring on QE3 and get it the hell over with. They know damnn good and well it's going to happen, in fact, must happen. I say snap it off now and do it. Our model of perpetual growth is impossible to sustain for multiple generations because at some point, shit becomes exponential and it simply cannot continue. We are at the denial phase of "empire collapse" and it's only going to get worse. While I do not have second sight, and I am not omniscient, I do know it's going to happen, just not when.

To that end, I am building inventory that will help me and mine to survive the coming conflagration in some manner of comfort. All the way down to enterterainment [we have 4,700+ movies] we are preparing to live an alternative lifestyle, fueled largely by our preparations and attitudes toward today's society and the complete and utter capitulation of societal morals and values. I choose not to be a fucking smurf, focused exclusively on living in complete harmony from other people who not only hate me but want to convert me or kill me [See also: Islam].

Fuck it: I will not submit.

... All the way down to enterterainment [we have 4,700+ movies] ...

Books are underrated and don't require electricity to enjoy. I've started to rebuild a library of classic works of science fiction for my boys to enjoy.

There are also a lot of pretty good (board/card) games out there these days that challenge the players to use strategy and intellect. I started collecting a few of the better ones (award winning / best selling on amazon / etc.) last Christmas. Haven't even taken the cellophane wrapping off them yet, but I know they will be appreciated when the XBOX is no longer available.

I have been reading a bunch of articles written By Richard Duncan on his blog. He lays it out so clearly. We will run major budget deficits and there fore monetize debt to keep interest rates low for the next 5-10 yrs until our debt/gdp hits 150% or greater and have a crisis like Greece. Govt spending is only thing keeping the economy from collapsing so it will continue until we hit the final crisis.

http://www.richardduncaneconomics.com/2011/08/04/a-“deer-in-the-headlights”-policy-freeze/

Unless Ron Paul is elected.

Back
Top Bottom