Random Pictures Thread

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Nice Tele. I have an American made swamp ash that I stuck some Joe Barden pickups in.

View attachment 5351
Very nice. Mine was made in Mexico. I really like it. It was a big step up from my pawn shop Epiphone special that has intonation and other more minor issues.

Lately I play my classical more though. I should get a pic of it. It was my late fathers.

I recently went about 2 months not playing at all because I cracked one of my thumb bones. It felt so good picking up the classical guitar on Christmas after going so long not playing.

Nice. Did it come as a kit farp?
Nope, everything was from a raw piece of wood. I had some help from a guitar maker who is just 26 miles from my home. I spent 103 hours in his fully-equipped shop, about 1/3 of which was sweeping the floor and cleaning up my mistakes, lol. It has a radiused and bound finger board. The inlays I did myself. I inlayed the wood "E"in the ebony head and call the uke my "Wood-E." Woody is the name of my dad (may he RIP) and E is my initial for my surname. The top is bearclaw spruce. The back and sides are local walnut, from a tree cut down by the guy who helped me build it.

It plays like a dream. I decided to try and build one because I couldn't find a decent player for under $500+. A local music store ordered in 5 (yes, five) different Kala ukuleles for me. ALL of them had strings that buzzed due to an "S" curve in the necks--terrible commercial ukes.

Last edited:
Nope, everything was from a raw piece of wood. I had some help from a guitar maker who is just 26 miles from my home. I spent 103 hours in his fully-equipped shop, about 1/3 of which was sweeping the floor and cleaning up my mistakes, lol. It has a radiused and bound finger board. The inlays I did myself. I inlayed the wood "E"in the ebony head and call the uke my "Wood-E." Woody is the name of my dad (may he RIP) and E is my initial for my surname. The top is bearclaw spruce. The back and sides are local walnut, from a tree cut down by the guy who helped me build it.

It plays like a dream. I decided to try and build one because I couldn't find a decent player for under $500+. A local music store ordered in 5 (yes, five) different Kala ukuleles for me. ALL of them had strings that buzzed due to an "S" curve in the necks--terrible commercial ukes.
Impressive. I guessed kit due to the inner paper(mostly obscured).

Due to the bottom of the fretboard I've gotta nickname it the Eddie Munster though lolScreenshot_20230102-141234.png

Yeah, it says "Wood-E" and the guitar shop--Crow River Guitars. I made the custom label, too, lol.View attachment 5370
Beautiful job. My buddy's mom just gave him and his 5yo ukulele's for Christmas. I jammed on one for 45 min the other day and was surprised at the volume it put out. Sounded like a mini electrified instrument.

Beautiful job. My buddy's mom just gave him and his 5yo ukulele's for Christmas. I jammed on one for 45 min the other day and was surprised at the volume it put out. Sounded like a mini electrified instrument.
Have him play with linear tuning rather than re-entrant. It's an easier conversion to 6-string and better for finger picking. It's a great way to spend time by ones' self or with friends.

Beautiful guitar. Wish my hands still were strong enough to play 6 strings; but time and arthur-ite-us have me sticking to a a 4-string.

Back
Top Bottom