Important Rate gold and silver dealers in the Marketplace forum

Thread contains important information that may impact how you use the forum

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

pmbug

Your Host
Administrator
Benefactor
Reaction score
United-States
I posted a note in the marketplace forum:
Ratings are back!

I added a mod to the forum that lets us add thread ratings for the Marketplace dealer review threads. This mod works even better than the old function we had when the forum ran on vBulletin.

When you are viewing a dealer review thread in the marketplace forum room, there will be a "leave rating" link just above the first post of the thread on the right hand side. You can use that to leave a rating from one to five stars along with a short rating/review comment. The star rating and review comments could show up in Google search results if the dealer review thread is there.

Additionally, it is now easy to see a list of all the dealers in the Marketplace forum room sorted by the PMBug community's overall rating:

https://www.pmbug.com/link-forums/best-rated-pm-dealers.35/

Please use this rating system to rate dealer review threads with a rating reflecting your opinion/experience of the dealer. The more members who participate, the more meaningful the ratings become.

I have also cleaned up the Marketplace forum quite a bit - deleting old spam, offtopic and deal threads that were no longer valid. I added Review: thread prefixes to a bunch of dealer threads so they will be organized correctly in the rating lists. I also added a "Best Rated" widget to the pmbug home page and the main forum page (that lists the forum rooms).

Let me know what you think.

This is where you can find the thread rating link for dealer threads in the marketplace:

editrating.jpg

I have updated most of the dealer review threads in the Marketplace forum by changing the thread type to an article thread (the OP appears on top throughout the pagination) and added basic information about each dealer to the OP of the threads.

If you have any experience buying or selling from/with any of the online dealers, please do leave a rating based upon your experience.

If an online dealer that you have used is missing from the list, please do start a new thread for them.

AFAIK, Google does like to list review pages in it's search results, so these pages could end up attracting more guests to the site. I think that Google prefers reviews that are based upon a lot of people posting ratings though, so your feedback (ratings) in these threads would be helpful. :)

Review threads can be found here:

Back
Top Bottom