Real life Minority Report

pmbug

Your Host
Administrator
Reaction score
1984 wasn't a warning, it was a blueprint.

ancona

Praying Mantis
Reaction score
It is my understanding that all new HD flat screens produced after 2013 will be equipped with two way cameras.......

I'm just saying.......

69mach351

Predaceous Stink Bug
Reaction score
It is my understanding that all new HD flat screens produced after 2013 will be equipped with two way cameras.......

I'm just saying.......
Yeah, that is bothersome. Even if there is a legit reason, it will be for bad as well. I have read horror stories about hackers taking over computer cameras to spy on people, all we need is to give them video access of the entire house.

ancona

Praying Mantis
Reaction score
It is already a reality in England. They are the single most "surveilled" people on the planet. Apartment buildings, hotels, council flats and even the streets are littered with fucking cameras.

If the American People don't wake the hell up and start to notice what's going on around them, our skies will be filled with drones and our streets constantly monitored with cameras. Privacy will become a story talked about around the dinner table as a thing of the past.

DCFusor

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
I think it was Samsung that tried the camera in TV idea, and just about no one went for it - pushback was pretty serious - huge angry thread on slashdot when it was announced awhile back. They were going to use what they saw in it to sell info to advertisers (and of course, anyone else with money, like the gov). Obviously, if the camera can send data back (internet) they can know where it came from...it can have the serial number of the set in the data as well.

Of course, they can't stop you from putting on the duct tape yet. But they can decide that trying to hide means you have something to hide - probable cause.