Real life Minority Report

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

1984 wasn't a warning, it was a blueprint.

It is my understanding that all new HD flat screens produced after 2013 will be equipped with two way cameras.......

I'm just saying.......

It is my understanding that all new HD flat screens produced after 2013 will be equipped with two way cameras.......

I'm just saying.......

Yeah, that is bothersome. Even if there is a legit reason, it will be for bad as well. I have read horror stories about hackers taking over computer cameras to spy on people, all we need is to give them video access of the entire house.

It is already a reality in England. They are the single most "surveilled" people on the planet. Apartment buildings, hotels, council flats and even the streets are littered with fucking cameras.

If the American People don't wake the hell up and start to notice what's going on around them, our skies will be filled with drones and our streets constantly monitored with cameras. Privacy will become a story talked about around the dinner table as a thing of the past.

I think it was Samsung that tried the camera in TV idea, and just about no one went for it - pushback was pretty serious - huge angry thread on slashdot when it was announced awhile back. They were going to use what they saw in it to sell info to advertisers (and of course, anyone else with money, like the gov). Obviously, if the camera can send data back (internet) they can know where it came from...it can have the serial number of the set in the data as well.

Of course, they can't stop you from putting on the duct tape yet. But they can decide that trying to hide means you have something to hide - probable cause.

Back
Top Bottom