Russian Market Halts

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

The Micex shit the bed hard starting at the open. Although the truth is exceedingly rare coming out of Russia, I suspect that they have some undisclosed problems they do not want the rest of the planet to know about. The market over there is not at all transparent, and is so small as to be a ripe target for manipiulation.

Funny thing, I searched this and the Hormuz thing both on google search, since neither has made it up to the main page.

I found exactly the single article on either, and in "who in the world is that" publishers, nothing bigtime. Just one article in some no name outlet.

Makes me wonder how real either is - or if they're real, how much better the suppression now is than it used to be. It seems kind of unbelievable that "We all know" this - yet no mainstream guys have followed up at all? Hot news like either of these puts ad money on the table for those guys - so what's going on here?

Russia is (and always has been) so opaque that that is the LAST BRIC I would even entertain investing in.

This trading halt in Russia is one more thing, that in aggregate is screaming that Europe is in peril!

Back in 2007, I thought all of this was going to play out pretty quickly, especially so when Sept/Oct 2008 kicked in. Guess not! Maybe all this could go for YEARS some more. However long it takes, I am trying to get a little more every day.

Funny thing, I searched this and the Hormuz thing both on google search, since neither has made it up to the main page.

I found exactly the single article on either, and in "who in the world is that" publishers, nothing bigtime. Just one article in some no name outlet.

Makes me wonder how real either is - or if they're real, how much better the suppression now is than it used to be. It seems kind of unbelievable that "We all know" this - yet no mainstream guys have followed up at all? Hot news like either of these puts ad money on the table for those guys - so what's going on here?

DC,
Google, Yahoo........hell, all of them do exactly what their corporate masters tell them to do. Anyone who thinks we have a free press needs to have their head examined. Just try to even write a letter to the editor with a viewpoint that opposes the political leanings of the publisher.....I dare you. I have written some pretty well thought out letters to the Florida Today to express some thing or the other, only to be completely ignored in favor of some poorly written drivel about barking dogs or some such meaningless shit. I have written my congressclowns with the same response......zero, zilch, nada.

The lamestream media does what is politically expedient for tehm, nothing more and nothing less.:noevil:

...see, this is such a big thing, that global economy stuff, it will take a while to fold. I used to think that it might collapse any minute, but now i think i was interpolating my own "awakening"moment onto the whole market/population, which is not true, and you will see the signs visible for a while. at least I believe it its the case.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, but - google IS the corporate master of google, and they've had zero problem in the past with linking to you-name-it stuff - even google hit-pieces that say they are evil.

No, I believe that there's just no corroborating stuff out there, goog always finds it if there is (and usually several other sides to an argument, and many debunkers) and it got to the 'net at all. They even fully sweep my site ~ once a day, good thing I'm not paying for that bandwidth(!).

But...nothing. Just the one article on each topic, the same one ZH was sourcing from, and zero others. I've never seen that, ever. Usually you'll see half a dozen at least, even if 5 of the six just copy-pasted from the first one. That's just outright weird.

I could see suppression of the Iran one - except it doesn't really need it, turns out it's a quote from an Iranian boat captain, not anything official/for-real. Just some guy boasting. The Russian market thing though - now that really affected a lot of people, yet nothing? Didn't you know there are a literal crap-ton of hackers in Russia who don't have a bit of trouble with censorship, or doing their best to poke sticks at their government? Yet nothing from them at all. That's just too weird.

Of course, putting 1 and 1 together, maybe the hackers are the cause of that. But it wouldn't be all of 'em, just a few, and the rest would be babbling joyously - but they aren't. Just making my old analyst neck hairs stand on end.

My wife is Russian and dug around. News media is reporting that the halt was related to hacking attacks on the exchanges. Whether that is the truth or not though is unknown.

Thanks Derek. the dearth of information about this in the press is astounding. An exchange is completely halted yet no reports whatsoever.

Follow up articles I read seem to blame hackers for the market closing early. Anyone else have their doubts that hackers could bring a major market down?

Follow up articles I read seem to blame hackers for the market closing early. Anyone else have their doubts that hackers could bring a major market down?

Russian media is blaming the west...

Blaming someone else is a popular sport for the entire human race.
I've hired telecommuters to write code for me. The Russians are the best.
Occam's razor.

Still no more news about this mysgterious "emergency", so.......does anyone have anything new???!??

@ DCFusor

I have heard and read in other places too that the Russians are really really good at math and programming. Good at math because all those years whne they did not have computers, all they could do was THINK.

If anyone is that smart (and poor), living in a crappy place that Russia apparently is (and cold too, another minus), it certainly would not surprise me that Russian hackers are everywhere over there. It is hard to make money of you are connected in Russia.

And remember, it was a Russian programmer that was caught stealing Goldman's HFT software.

Still no more news about this mysgterious "emergency", so.......does anyone have anything new???!??

Western cyber attack. Don't worry, the US media is making sure you don't have to read about those commie liars.

Back
Top Bottom