SHILLING: S&P 500 Will Drop 43% This Year

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

vox

Predaceous Stink Bug
Reaction score
http://www.realclearmarkets.com/video/2012/04/12/shilling_sp_500_will_drop_43_this_year.html

Economist Gary Shilling spoke about the outlook for the U.S. economy with Bloomberg Television and said that the S&P 500 will drop 43% from its recent level this year. Shilling said, "the analysts have been cranking their numbers down…I think that is true because you have foreign earnings that don't look good because of recession unfolding in Europe, stronger dollar…a hard landing in China."

Shilling also said that, "in the U.S., we could see a moderate recession led by consumer retrenchment."

This guy also sees the 30year treasury dropping below 2.5%.
That's gonna kill his portfolio eventually

I have to agree with Shiling opn the S&P, and would like to add that the DOW is poised to fall through the floor as well. I truly believe that we all need to fasten our safety belts and put on a pair of Big Boy Pants, 'cause it's 'gonna get stupid out there folks, and I mean as soon as this summer.

I truly believe that we all need to fasten our safety belts and put on a pair of Big Boy Pants, 'cause it's 'gonna get stupid out there folks, and I mean as soon as this summer.

You have no clue whatsoever how stupid it is going to get out there, but you are correct, this summer will begin to show us all of that stupidity.

Based on history, I believe there will be momentous events happen on or near Independence Day, particularly with the EU, and maybe here in the U.S.

I have to agree with Shiling opn the S&P, and would like to add that the DOW is poised to fall through the floor as well. I truly believe that we all need to fasten our safety belts and put on a pair of Big Boy Pants, 'cause it's 'gonna get stupid out there folks, and I mean as soon as this summer.

Anc...can you expand on this?

Why do you indicate the summer? What's the reasoning on your timing?

QE3 to the rescue! /wait-and-see

Back
Top Bottom