SHTF books

silvercoinrn

Fly on the Wall
Reaction score
Does anyone have any good books that cover this topic?
I read one that I loved. It was called Alas Babylon and it is one reason i am so interested in prepping. It touches on a lot of lost skils that people may have during a SHTF situation.

As a nurse I have been able to get a pretty good medical supply kit set up.

DoChenRollingBearing

Yellow Jacket
Supporter
Reaction score
Here's four worth a look:

Forstchen, W. R., One Second After fiction, what takes place in an NC town after we get EMP'ed (ain't pretty)

Rawles, J. W. How to Survive the End of the World as We Know It, Non-fiction

Rawles, J. W. Patriots, fiction, but seems pretty realistic (ain't pretty either)

(J W Rawles runs survivalblog.com)

Lights Out, (I forget the author, to my knowledge it is only available on the internet, and you have to look for it. But, I enjoyed immensely, I read all 400 pages or so on my screen one weekend...)

Our own DCFusor is perhaps the most prepared of the lot here. He has made many suggestions (look around PMBug's site here), probably his key one is that "preparation" is a LOT OF WORK, and that if you want to move to the countryside in a SHTF, then you better get started NOW (as in start looking for rural property and meet your neighbors), because the locals will not welcome refugees... In YOUR case, as an RN, MAYBE they would because of your skill-set.

Jay

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
Does anyone have any good books that cover this topic?
I read one that I loved. It was called Alas Babylon and it is one reason i am so interested in prepping. It touches on a lot of lost skils that people may have during a SHTF situation.

As a nurse I have been able to get a pretty good medical supply kit set up.
have you ever watched patriot nurse? She's got a bunch of videos on u-tube.
http://thepatriotnurse.com/

Jetstream

Big Eyed Bug
Reaction score
Here's my recommendation (although I would start reading it before the crisis hits). The world's all-time best-seller ... the B-I-B-L-E!

There has never been a better book to prepare anyone for the future than this one.

Last edited: