SHTF books

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

silvercoinrn

Fly on the Wall
Reaction score
Does anyone have any good books that cover this topic?
I read one that I loved. It was called Alas Babylon and it is one reason i am so interested in prepping. It touches on a lot of lost skils that people may have during a SHTF situation.

As a nurse I have been able to get a pretty good medical supply kit set up.

Here's four worth a look:

Forstchen, W. R., One Second After fiction, what takes place in an NC town after we get EMP'ed (ain't pretty)

Rawles, J. W. How to Survive the End of the World as We Know It, Non-fiction

Rawles, J. W. Patriots, fiction, but seems pretty realistic (ain't pretty either)

(J W Rawles runs survivalblog.com)

Lights Out, (I forget the author, to my knowledge it is only available on the internet, and you have to look for it. But, I enjoyed immensely, I read all 400 pages or so on my screen one weekend...)

Our own DCFusor is perhaps the most prepared of the lot here. He has made many suggestions (look around PMBug's site here), probably his key one is that "preparation" is a LOT OF WORK, and that if you want to move to the countryside in a SHTF, then you better get started NOW (as in start looking for rural property and meet your neighbors), because the locals will not welcome refugees... In YOUR case, as an RN, MAYBE they would because of your skill-set.

Does anyone have any good books that cover this topic?
I read one that I loved. It was called Alas Babylon and it is one reason i am so interested in prepping. It touches on a lot of lost skils that people may have during a SHTF situation.

As a nurse I have been able to get a pretty good medical supply kit set up.

have you ever watched patriot nurse? She's got a bunch of videos on u-tube.
http://thepatriotnurse.com/

Here's my recommendation (although I would start reading it before the crisis hits). The world's all-time best-seller ... the B-I-B-L-E!

There has never been a better book to prepare anyone for the future than this one.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom