Silver Eagle Premiums

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

hernancortes

Fly on the Wall
Reaction score
Headed back north after collapsing from the ridiculous highs of autumn of '22. SD bullion paying $7.25 over today. US mint showing a paltry 900,000 produced this month in spite of high demand. One would expect at least 4 million in a normal environment.

... US mint showing a paltry 900,000 produced this month in spite of high demand. One would expect at least 4 million in a normal environment.

There are problems sourcing planks (at a price the Mint is willing to pay).

There are problems sourcing planks (at a price the Mint is willing to pay).
All thanks to 100+ years of fiscal and monetary mismanagement, and some market manipulation thrown in for good measure.

Back in the mid-1990's when silver was under $6.00 per ounce, I was buying a monster box every month or two.

There was a dealer in Allentown, PA that was charging $1.50 over spot. No supply problem back then.

I was selling rolls at local shows for $165 to $175 (profit was $10 to $20 per roll.)

I should have bought a monster box of libertads.

Meanwhile US mint gold bullion sales March '23 finish a hair from the all time record. The problem is with silver.

I meant to say to the US mint's problem is producing silver coins. Hey, did that guy 789 or whatever has name was ever make it over here? I have some questions about his area of expertise, "take-home silver".

I meant to say to the US mint's problem is producing silver coins. Hey, did that guy 789 or whatever has name was ever make it over here? I have some questions about his area of expertise, "take-home silver".
Yeah I knew what you meant. Premiums and prices are really moving. Lets see if this has legs.

I'd love to see 789 come over. Maybe he would like to share with the forum how his silver has appreciated 25% in the past month, in relation to the dollar.

Last edited:
watched it from the sidelines the whole way up, not my night.
Not so sure we have seen the whole way up, yet. Not trying to be a complete tinfoil hat here, but $25/oz doesn't exactly seem like hyperinflation to me. Maybe there is still time to jump in. 2c...

Not so sure we have seen the whole way up, yet. Not trying to be a complete tinfoil hat here, but $25/oz doesn't exactly seem like hyperinflation to me. Maybe there is still time to jump in. 2c...
It was over $25 not that long ago.
...but didn't uave the legs to keep going.

At some point it will though, and with all the negative news surrounding the $ lately, legs may be getting stronger this time.

I guess we'll all find out together.

Back
Top Bottom