Social Security recipients to get a bit of help in 2023

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

SongSungAu

Big Eyed Bug
GIM2 Refugee
Reaction score
Yes, we all know prices are rising more than 8.7% ...
Yes, we know the government fudges the CPI numbers ...

All that aside, the CPI-W for September was released this morning so when you do the calculations, Social Security recipients should see a rise of 8.7% in their January checks. And there's talk that the Medicare Part B premium may actually be reduced a bit next year due to overcharging this year. If that pans out to be the case then the January checks may be a bit more than 8.7% higher. As with most things, time will tell.

SSAa.jpg
SSAb.jpg

SSincrease.jpg

You can verify the numbers yourself here:

Lets see I get $52.00 SS per month. An 8.7% increase = $4.52 and a Total $56.52.
Man, where will I spend it all ?
I'm glad I make a little gas money getting the little kiddies across the street at the local elementary. šŸ„³ [sarc]

Back
Top Bottom