Software update this afternoon (don't panic!)

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

pmbug

Your Host
Administrator
Benefactor
Reaction score
United-States
I'm going to shut down the forum briefly this afternoon so we can make a full back-up and then update the forum software to the latest available version. If all goes well, it won't take more than hour or so. If it doesn't all go well, it might be a bit longer than that. :eek:

"This afternoon"?
It's morning over here in snowflake city (AKA: Seattle)
you on central time?

BF
Yes. I don't have an exact time yet on the update. I'm waiting on confirmation on my server guy's availability. *Probably* happen around 4pm CST.

If it doesn't all go well, it might be a bit longer than that. :eek:

LOL the best laid plans.... was that EST, or PST, or?

1624469-Edward-A-Murphy-Jr-Quote-If-anything-can-go-wrong-it-will.jpeg

Good luck BUG and we'll see you on the other side!

Reminder: forum shutdown in about a half hour

Reminder.

Not upgrade related, but close enough.

Clench time.

azul-cafe-jpg.115756

What am I looking at Unca? You posted a reminder for ... what?

I understand a blue wave in a political context. I have no idea what it means in relation to this thread though.

* bump *

Server guy is going to shut down the server briefly either this Sunday morning or next Sunday morning in order to install an upgrade to the server's operating system and PHP system. I don't have an exact time for it, but it shouldn't take him very long to get it done. Afterwards, if all goes well (knock on wood), I'll be able to make a few more improvements to the site (that require the updates).

What am I looking at Unca? You posted a reminder for ... what?

We had to make-do with that banner, for quite some time, at GIM, after making 'upgrade' jokes, I think. Payback is a bitch.

I'm still triggered šŸ¤£.

Historically, upgrades were not good for GIM, running VBulletin.

We restarted 3 times, from scratch, IIRC.

Golden Regards
Uncle

* bump *

I updated the forum software a few minutes ago. We're now running the latest stable version of the Xenforo software (which was published yesterday).

This update is mostly bug/security fixes. I suspect most folks here won't notice any difference at all. But if you do notice something not working correctly, please let me know.

I just updated the forum software (again!) a few minutes ago. I'm not even sure what they fixed/patched between the last update (2 weeks ago) and this one. Shouldn't be anything noticeable.

The next update will have some noticeable visual changes as well as some new features from what I've been reading. We'll know more whenever it gets released.

Back
Top Bottom