Stores accepting metals

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

benjamen

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
I recently walked into a local store that had a sign on the counter that said they accept payment in gold!

Has anyone else noticed other places doing something similar?

The hajji store on our main street near my home will let you buy stuff with junk silver. He doesn't want bullion, just junk. The swap is not good. Sure, it's cool to know that if I have zero fiat that I can use a few silver dimes to fill my tank with gas, but the premium is a bad deal for me. Check out the conversion rates and get back to us. This an interesting phenomenon and I would like to have your input, because it's a lot more wide-spread than the MSM would have you believe. In my county, and including just the shops I know are doing it, there are about eight places who accept PM's in some for or another for trade. The actual number is probably a shit-load higher, but I suspect that some of the vendors are doing it to avoid taxes, sort of black market vending. Most little hajji stores simply go to Sam's club, buys a lot of wholesale shit, mark it up 100 - 150% then stick it on a shelf. Add to that a sorry ass swap rate for gold or silver and the profits could be as high as 400% and all of it underground.

Youtube or it didn't happen. :pffftt:

I own a retail business and accept silver for payment. Depending on type, I I'm trading at around 24 times face or 80% of spot for scrap.

I don't see many people using this now, but I've taught my staff how to test metals and do the math.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Interestingly, I am also seeing gold being a preferred payment method in the U.S. second amendment circles. I actually saw a posting of a local guy that had a dozen or so firearms for trade that only accepted other firearms or gold/silver.

LOVE IT

Back
Top Bottom