The Big Picture On Silver

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Renewed Investor

Fly on the Wall
Reaction score
This has to be one of the least biased reports on Silver to come out in ages. Whilst I do like to see my wealth increase in Silver, I have to agree with the writer that it will most likely go down once more just like in 2008. Then again it could play out like that inverted head and shoulders they mention. Good to see both sides of the coin for once though.

Link

RI,
The big picture for silver has always been that at some point, the people investing in the paper [invisible silver] market lose faith and try to go physical. When enough people have this epiphany, the paper pushers will be over whelmed and silver finds true equilibrium. It is a waiting game for now, however if the dollar comes unhinged, it will greatly accelerate the timeline.

In the end it depends if the Dollar loses safe haven status and/or if demand of silver results in the needing of surplus silver.

"when"? or "if".
There will always be a seller for anything. The price will simply reflect their willingness, or lack thereof, to sell.

They might. I won't.

I'm really talking about the "Giants", large holders who decide they will not let their physical go.

RI,
That's already happenning my friend. The only sellers now are paper sellers. Even the COMEX and LBMA do everything in their power to NOT deliver shiny metal bars and substitute it for fiat payments instead. Believe me, they will not get away with it forever.

RI,
Us PM bugs are not really hoarding our metals, we are saving it for retirement. At least the folks I knbow who stack metal are. I'm sure there are familial dunasties sitting on piles of very, very old gold and silver, but I suspect that to be the exception rather than the rule. Me? I will leave this world just as broke as I entered it, although when I do leave, at least I will be wearing clothes.

I think you've gotta play the cycles. I plan to sell 90% of my stack for either stocks or housing when the time comes. Keep the 10% as insurance. Teach my kids to do the same and over time that insurance stack grows with each cycle, as does our wealth.

RI - I'm not sure if I agree with the percentages you gave, but I do agree with the principle of why you have PM's.
A day will come when PM's will be at their high, and land will be at its low. That is a good time to convert some of your wealth holdings.

I'm partial to physical silver or gold myself. However, I'm considering the investment of an IRA.

I'm partial to physical silver or gold myself. However, I'm considering the investment of an IRA.
I would strongly advise against any registered pension plans. Easy pickings for governments in need of money.
Use gold and silver as your retirement plan. It will still be worth something when you retire.

Back
Top Bottom