The Twitter Files

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

CAR VLAWG! Mehdi Hasan vs. Matt Taibbi Explained! Viva Frei Vlawg​

15m

if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen!

1681767250807.png

JUST IN: Another Twitter Files Drops: The Fauci Pharma Files​

By Cristina Laila

Another Twitter Files dropped on Thursday: The Fauci Pharma Files

1) Twitter Files #FauciPharmaFiles
Last December, @elonmusk sent out his viral tweet about Fauci.
Fauci went on Fox News and said he had "no clue what [Elon] was talking about." pic.twitter.com/L0RIZVRsEO
— Paul D. Thacker (@thackerpd) April 20, 2023
2. “A lot of people are spouting out a lot of things about me and Twitter,” Fauci told Fox News. “I’ve never had a Twitter account. I don’t intend on having a Twitter account, and I’ve had nothing to do with Twitter. So I don’t know what they’re talking about when they say that.”

2) "A lot of people are spouting out a lot of things about me and Twitter," Fauci told @FoxNews. "I've never had a Twitter account. I don't intend on having a Twitter account, and I've had nothing to do with Twitter. So I don't know what they're talking about when they say that."
— Paul D. Thacker (@thackerpd) April 20, 2023

more

Yoel Roth, who used to be in charge of "trust and safety" at a social media company that used to be called Twitter, is worried about "coercive influences on platform decision making." But his concern is curiously selective. Unobjectionably, he sees coercion when foreign governments threaten to arrest uncooperative platform employees. More controversially, he also sees coercion when Republicans criticize content moderation decisions. When Democrats in positions of power pressure social media platforms to suppress politically disfavored content, however, Roth sees no cause for concern.

More:

The left was infiltrated and usurped by nefarious actors.

NEW YORK, Nov 2 (Reuters) - Elon Musk asked a federal judge on Thursday not to force him to testify in the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission's probe into his $44 billion takeover of social media site Twitter.

Musk filed the objections in San Francisco federal court, where the SEC sued him on Oct. 5 to make him testify for the probe, which it launched in April 2022. The SEC's subpoena exceeds the agency's investigative authority, is overly burdensome and seeks "irrelevant evidence", Musk's lawyers said in the filing.

Nov 18 (Reuters) - X Corp, formerly known as Twitter, will file a lawsuit against Media Matters and those who attacked social media platform X, Elon Musk said on Saturday in a post on the platform, soon after major U.S. companies paused their advertisements on the site.

"The split second court opens on Monday, X Corp will be filing a thermonuclear lawsuit against Media Matters and all those who colluded in this fraudulent attack on our company," Musk wrote in a post on X, without naming any other parties.

PARIS, Nov 27 (Reuters) - Paris Mayor Anne Hidalgo on Monday announced she was quitting the X platform formerly known as Twitter, calling it a "gigantic global sewer" that was "destroying our democracies" by spreading abuse and misinformation.

After buying Twitter in 2022, Elon Musk laid off thousands of employees, including many who moderated content on the platform. Rebranded as X, it has lost several major advertisers and was blasted by critics, including the White House, for not doing enough to curtail antisemitism.

Musk filed the objections in San Francisco federal court, where the SEC sued him on Oct. 5 to make him testify for the probe, which it launched in April 2022. The SEC's subpoena exceeds the agency's investigative authority, is overly burdensome and seeks "irrelevant evidence", Musk's lawyers said in the filing.
Oh the invasive questions they could ask Elon under oath!

Could be wrong but I don't think too many people would want to screw with the guy right now. Our gov depends on him a lot at present.
He's supported by government back channels IMO....

Space X for example AND that he put up an independent satellite inet system for the government's use!

Nov 30 (Reuters) - (Note strong language in paragraphs 1 and 9-11)

Billionaire Elon Musk told advertisers that have fled his social media platform X over antisemitic content to "Go fuck yourself" in a fiery Wednesday interview.

His profanity-laced remarks followed a moment of contrition in a New York Times DealBook Summit interview. Musk said repeatedly he was sorry for publishing a tweet on Nov. 15 that agreed with an anti-Jewish post.

Dec 6 (Reuters) - A former executive at Twitter Inc, now called X Corp, has filed a lawsuit claiming he was fired after Elon Musk acquired the company for objecting to budget cuts that would prevent the company from complying with a U.S. government settlement over its security practices.

Alan Rosa, who was Twitter's global head of information security, filed the lawsuit late Tuesday in New Jersey federal court alleging breach of contract, wrongful termination and retaliation, among other claims.

More:

Elon Musk and SEC to face off in court over Twitter testimony​

Dec 14 (Reuters) - The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission will face off with lawyers for Elon Musk in a San Francisco court on Thursday as it tries to force the billionaire to testify again for its probe of his $44 billion takeover of Twitter.

The SEC sued Musk in October to compel him to testify as part of an investigation into his 2022 purchase of social media giant Twitter, which he subsequently renamed X. Musk refused to attend a September interview for the probe, the SEC said.

More:

Take this fwiw and dyodd.

How Verified Accounts on X Thrive While Spreading Misinformation About the Israel-Hamas Conflict​

“My sisters have died,” the young boy sobbed, chest heaving, as he wailed into the sky. “Oh, my sisters.” As Israel began airstrikes on Gaza following the Oct. 7 Hamas terrorist attack, posts by verified accounts on X, the social media platform formerly called Twitter, were being transmitted around the world. The heart-wrenching video of the grieving boy, viewed more than 600,000 times, was posted by an account named “#FreePalestine 🇵🇸.” The account had received X’s “verified” badge just hours before posting the tweet that went viral.

Days later, a video posted by an account calling itself “ISRAEL MOSSAD,” another “verified” account, this time bearing the logo of Israel’s national intelligence agency, claimed to show Israel’s advanced air defense technology. The post, viewed nearly 6 million times, showed a volley of rockets exploding in the night sky with the caption: “The New Iron beam in full display.”

More:

Twitter violated contract by failing to pay millions in bonuses, US judge rules​

WASHINGTON, Dec 22 (Reuters) - Twitter violated contracts by failing to pay millions of dollars in bonuses that the social media company, now called X Corp, had promised its employees, a federal judge ruled on Friday.

Mark Schobinger, who was Twitter's senior director of compensation before leaving Elon Musk's company in May, sued Twitter in June, claiming breach of contract.

Schobinger's suit alleged that before and after billionaire Musk bought Twitter last year, it promised employees 50% of their 2022 target bonuses but never made those payments.

In denying Twitter's motion to dismiss the case, U.S. District Judge Vince Chhabria ruled that Schobinger plausibly stated a breach of contract claim under California law and he was covered by a bonus plan.

More:

Back
Top Bottom