Tin Foil Hats, Economic Reality and the Total Perspective Vortex

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

From a few weeks ago:

$650 billion ?
sounds like loose change ..........

A decent central bank ought to be good for 6.5 trillion, just for starters (-;

I'm sure they are just getting started with the SDR "printing".

The IMF published a blog post discussing the dollar's decline as the dominant reserve currency. Interesting times....

The Federal Reserve published a press release today:

As the central bank of the United States, the Federal Reserve is charged with promoting monetary and financial stability

Perhaps someone should tell them ........

If their offering is an attempt to push the alternative crypto world aside, I'm not sure they will succeed and for most, means of payment isnt a big issue.
For business and international transactions there might be some benefit though.
Of course the way to launch it and make it popular is to create a wallet for everyone and stuff it full of cryptodollars.
Inflation fixed and everyone happy

Wheels in motion I guess...

Are you ready to receive your mark of the beast?

The IMF approved creation of $650B SDRs. This is the tranche first discussed back in Feb and then in May (posts 604 & 606).

A few days ago, Putin gave an interview with CNBC wherein he made a couple of comments that caught my attention. You might recall a bit of discussion some time back in this thread about US sanctions on Russia with the nuclear strike of locking them out of the SWIFT system which kicked off (or sent into high gear) Russia's de-dollarization efforts. They even tried to build a competing payment clearing system to compete with SWIFT. Crypto seems like it might end up being a solution (some day).

Though Putin expressed disdain for Bticoin/crypto price volatility, he understands it is a payment clearing mechanism that no government can control. I suspect that smaller players like Iran will test the waters with crypto based oil trades before big dogs like Russia do it.

Any means of exchange needs stability at its heart.
Crypto does not currently achieve this, nor does fiat ...........
We know what would though

So Biden signed an Executive Order yesterday....

The Fed has been studying the CBDC issue for a while now. This executive order seems to be affirming government support for the project.

The order appears to indicate that the USA wants to comply with "international frameworks". If that means adopting frameworks like the one the G7 proposed a while back (post #597), that doesn't bode well for privacy or security.

So you might recall from discussion in this thread the effort by Russia to develop their own competing version of a SWIFT payment clearing system:

2015: Russia begins development on their own SWIFT alternative:

2018: Russia claimed their death star was a fully operational battle station:

2019: Russia's SWIFT alternative not ready for prime time

I don't recall ever seeing any news mentioning that the system ever got actualized - that it ever worked or was used to clear a single trade. This morning I see that Russia wants to use it to clear oil deals with India:

Worth watching I think...

Seems like the politicos (Putin's inner circle represented by Patrushev and Peskov) have a plan (in motion?) and the Russian central bank either wasn't consulted (is that likely?) or is denying the project for misinformation purposes.

Last edited:
This post may contain affiliate links for which PM Bug gold and silver discussion forum may be compensated.
Perhaps they are hoping other countries will do the same and need to get them on board before they announce?

Or it will be the excuse they use to to release the hounds on the bugs.

U.S. imports of Russian-origin gold have been banned, with the exception of gold located outside of Russia prior to Tuesday. Russia produces around 10% of the gold mined globally each year and it is the country's biggest non-energy export.

I'm not sure how much gold Russia was actually selling anyway, but since this would theoretically restrict supply and put upward price pressure on gold, expect to see it go on sale (again!).

... I suspect that smaller players like Iran will test the waters with crypto based oil trades before big dogs like Russia do it.

Almost a year later and it looks like Iran is testing the water...

I was looking at gold this morning trading up from a bottom near $1660 or so and musing at how cheap that seems. Then I read this:

So supposedly, sanctions (on Russian gold) have been in effect for over a month now. Where is Britain (and the LBMA) sourcing gold from to make up shortfall from one of their largest suppliers? How has the price not risen if supply has been constrained?

Last edited:
Jan Niewenhuijs interviewed by GoldCore talks about the possibility of a monetary reset using gold as the backbone. He says a lot of the same things that Rickards was saying years ago. His correspondence with Euro central banks provides an interesting perspective.

ah yes the great reset, NESARA/GESARA, Dinar reval, quantum financial system
and now Putie's gold backed financial system ........

Ive waited patiently for 12 years and its always just around the corner
Something has to break badly I reckon, but maybe we are getting close ?

Today's the big day! (said every day in perpetuity). *If* a big reset comes, I doubt us peons will get any advance notice. G8 just going to give everyone a rug pull surprise.

... What is going on in forex and why the move to US$ when they are all broken ? ...

Interesting case in point from the UK. The UK is breaking from the inflation taming measures all other central banks are enacting and reinstating some QE. Apparently they are being forced to do so because pension funds are on the brink of failure and they can't risk contagion.

The IMF is apparently not amused by UK shenanigans (I can't find the primary source on the IMF website, so this might be social media FUD):

Apparently they are being forced to do so because pension funds are on the brink of failure and they can't risk contagion.

The trading this AM indicates that someone is already a dead man walking. We will find out well after the fact. They are fighting the contagion with the interventions now. So the question is can they contain the damage?

I'm glued to the screen for now!

I had always imagined that the G8 would have an orderly transition to the NWO (whatever form it may be). If the dam bursts (UK, EU, whatever) and forces a disorderly move, things could get very hairy for a while.

The G8 is and always has been a show pony to maintain the illusion of nation states.

Having said that, the "great reset" is sputtering, with what happened overnight in Germany announcing a "borrowing binge" of 200 billion euros (to keep the house of cards up)...

You waited 12? Been waiting 42 years.

NESARA/GESARA makes no sense to me. Even if it did happen how is it any different than universal basic income? Someone else is still controlling your digital money. If you give people money to not work they will be happy to oblige. In theory NESARA/GESARA sounds wonderful but unless that huge jump to the 5th dimension happens people or leaders are not evolved enough to not abuse it.

People won't be happy with the UBI they might get. More along the lines of what Canada pays monthly for their equivalent of our SS. It ain't much certainly nothing like the money they handed out during the plandemic for unemployment. Those days are long gone. $500 a month.

I'm honestly not entirely sure what to make of this news. What blockchains is SWIFT hoping to utilize? Are CBDCs much closer to reality than we think or would SWIFT really use an existing tech like Etherium?

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…